Left 4 Dead: Survival

Tell us what you think about the game you are playing
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Left 4 Dead: Survival

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

I cant remember what the add-on is called, I think its called survival. Anyways, anyone played it yet?

Its SOOOOOO fun! You can now play versus on all the campaigns, and they added a new mode called survival. Its basically horde/nazi zombies/(whatever horde is called in RE5, I forgot).

Survival is great, you can play on any map in the game. (Its not the complete map its the portion of the map that would best serve as a stronghold. IE: The very first level in no mercy, you would play on the streets, the very last level of any campaign, would be where you radio in etc...)

There is loads of gas cans + propane tanks + oxygen tanks, so you take them and set everything up, then you alert the horde, and begin. There is ammo, and the better guns available aswell as molotov's and pipe bombs, loads of health packs and pills... The super zombies come often (hunter, smoker, boomer, tank... Tanks come often.)

Probably the best part is getting together with a couple friends and going buck wild on the zombies.

Best part, like all valve add-ons, ITS FREE!
Shootsteel
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Left 4 Dead: Survival

Post by Shootsteel »

Thanks for the heads up gonna break out L4D this week and give it a go. ;)
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Yesterday while I was playing with 2 of my buddies I had a headache from laughing so long. I used to play L4D all the time, then halo wars and RE5 came out, so I stopped. Looks like im going to start playing it again!
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

Man this one is definitely on my list. I can't wait to get it.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Its so fun, that I want to play it right now, but if I do, I know I will end up not going to school!
strykr535
Herald of RHPG
Herald of RHPG

Post by strykr535 »

it is fun and very very very very very hard once you get to a certain point (lol like 1 min into the game to be for real)...longest i lasted was bout 4min..anyone go longer then that??

HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

strykr535 wrote:it is fun and very very very very very hard once you get to a certain point (lol like 1 min into the game to be for real)...longest i lasted was bout 4min..anyone go longer then that??
One of the airport level's where you alert the horde with the van, I got to I think 6 mins. We were in the bathroom, all 4 of us, and we basically had them funneling in, and would pistol them, then if they got too much to handel we would use our main guns. We all had auto shotty's for the tank.

In the level they come in waves, once you kill them all you have like 15 20 seconds to go get stuff (molotov's and pipebombs) =D

On the one map where you have to open the fire exit door (I think its no mercy, and I think its the default map for survival.) I saw on the score board these guys got to 8 min's

Apparently someone lasted 4 hours on the map with the lighthouse on top of a house. (I was told there is a glitch on that map where you stand behind a rock and nothing can hit you, so they may have done that)
JoW
Peasant
Peasant

Post by JoW »

Just got my Xbox 360 this weekend and left 4 dead is my fav game, so thanks for the tips!
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Yeah i gave it a quick go but you're right haggard everyone was trying to dive behind the rock on the lighthouse map. Spent most of the time shooting them until they slipped off and died. grrrr. Good for a laugh though but woooh it's not easy and i suppose it would be much better with your mates.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Yea its much more fun with your friends. I got a bit tired of it so I started playing versus on the new maps, they are really good. They made much more places to climb as infected, and remade a couple parts of the level's!

If you like versus try playing the other 2 maps, theyre real fun, and when you get bored of them play survivor ;)

Return to “What you're playing”