TV

cainhunpi
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

TV

Post by cainhunpi »

Hey guys. I have a inspiron from dell and i do not have a good video card. My monitor was working fine and it suddenly didnt work anymore, so now i am using my tv as a monitor.

The image just does not look good. Do you guys think it is the video card or do i need a driver to make it lok like it did on he monitor?>

if it is a drive, where can i get it?

technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: TV

Post by technoe »

It depends on the tv you have, if you're using an older CRT style TV then it will never look as good as it did on your monitor. If you've got an LCD/Plasma/DLP HDTV then it's just a matter of getting the settings configured correctly. Sometimes it could be that your video card/chipset just isn't designed to work well with TV's. But try to match the output of your inspiron to the native resolution of your tv.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: TV

Post by BobSeager »

Does the TV have vga or dvi-i or hdmi? Technoe is right, I before the days of LCDs I had my computer running through the old CRT bubble-screen TV and it looked awful. I had a VGA to composite adapter. It was nothing to do with my computer, the TV just couldn't handle it well.

Return to “General information”