help with unkown flash chip

Post Iprep 101 things here.
gcano956
Squire
Squire

help with unkown flash chip

Post by gcano956 »

i bought a ms28 that was already flashed it had ixtreme 1.2 so i want to update it and im using iprep but when its about to read the drive it gives me unkown flash chip i did a ms25 and had no problems can someone please help me out thanks
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Re: help with unkown flash chip

Post by commando_lee »

gcano956 wrote:i bought a ms28 that was already flashed it had ixtreme 1.2 so i want to update it and im using iprep but when its about to read the drive it gives me unkown flash chip i did a ms25 and had no problems can someone please help me out thanks
what commands are u using? are you power cycle in the drive when your supposed to??
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
gcano956
Squire
Squire

Post by gcano956 »

i first do the dsam 1234567 12345 then it give me the run mtk y /n then my sata comes out and i put read and it says aborted " unkown flash chip" sam1234567 12345 doesnt exsist ....

ive even tried fsam 1234567 12345 and again the mtk and i put write and it gives me the same thing as the top

what im i doing wrong
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by commando_lee »

gcano956 wrote:i first do the dsam 1234567 12345 then it give me the run mtk y /n then my sata comes out and i put read and it says aborted " unkown flash chip" sam1234567 12345 doesnt exsist ....

ive even tried fsam 1234567 12345 and again the mtk and i put write and it gives me the same thing as the top

what im i doing wrong

follow this tutorial step by step and you should be fine
viewtopic.php?f=195&t=5128" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if you dont have IPREP 9 you can get it from here

viewtopic.php?f=112&t=48" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

leave the sata lead out and power off wait untill you get to the c:\ prompt then connect your sammy up. remember to un plugg all other drives in your comp.
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

gcano956 wrote:ive even tried fsam 1234567 12345
Never do that until you are sure you have a good dump with a good key.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by commando_lee »

gcano956 mate i got your pm. Now you have it sorted do you want to post up and say where you went wrong so that other people who may have the same error will know what to do!!

Lee
gcano956
Squire
Squire

Post by gcano956 »

i just disconnected my cd rom drive and didnt put in my sata or turn on my box till i got to the command promt and just went on from there with the on screen instruction and worked like a charm thanks to commando lee and cofree for the help really appreciate it

Return to “IPreP”