Tough time backing up new games

For questions with backing up your games!
MrBj
Squire
Squire

Tough time backing up new games

Post by MrBj »

Hey guys. I haven't done backing up for long time. I tried backing up Bionic Commando and X-men and it didn't work.

Somebody say I need to patch the file to get it done properly. Can somebody guide me to the right thread?

Also, I'm running iprep 1.5 on Benq... is there any reason to upgrade to 1.6?

Thanks.
ROBINHOOD'S PLAYGROUND
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Re: Tough time backing up new games

Post by commando_lee »

MrBj wrote:Hey guys. I haven't done backing up for long time. I tried backing up Bionic Commando and X-men and it didn't work.

Somebody say I need to patch the file to get it done properly. Can somebody guide me to the right thread?

Also, I'm running iprep 1.5 on Benq... is there any reason to upgrade to 1.6?

Thanks.
nah not realy any need 1.6 just got a few more added security featurs. cant remember off my head if 1.5 plays wave3 games if it doesnt then yeah upgrade
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
MrBj
Squire
Squire

Post by MrBj »

Thanks for the answer. I was told that I have to patch the .dvd file in order to correct the size for burning. I'm trying to look around with no avail.
ROBINHOOD'S PLAYGROUND
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

1.5 will not play 3rd wave games. 1.51 will play them though, but still lacks ssv2/v3 support which 1.6 has.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
MrBj
Squire
Squire

Post by MrBj »

Yes, you're right it is 1.51. I wasn't able to play backups on that one either. But I just downloaded this program called popr.matic (something like that). That corrects the size of the new wave 3 xbox files. Thanks for all the answers. :)
ROBINHOOD'S PLAYGROUND
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

Well you shouldn't have to patch any game you rip from an in-hand disc. XBC or Schtrom 360 should do it all on it's own. There's absolutely ZERO reason to mess with the ISO once it's ripped or the .dvd file. First of all the .DVD file is an info file for ImgBurn so that ImgBurn knows how to burn the ISO file. There are only two lines in the .dvd file; the iso name and the layer break. The layer break should ALWAYS be set to 1913760. ALWAYS!! I can't express that enough. And the .dvd file and iso should be labeled EXACTLY the same. One dot can mess up the whole thing. Second, depending on how your ripping your games you may want to experiment with different speeds and maybe even different versions of the same program. I only use XBC 2.8 and Schtrom 360 V4. With these two programs there is absolutely no reason to ever mess with the ISO EVER!!!
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!

Return to “Game Backups”