Upgrading Firmware’s

Post Iprep 101 things here.
9thwonda
Bandit
Bandit

Upgrading Firmware’s

Post by 9thwonda »

I just would like some clarity. If you receive a box that has been previously flashed, would the process be the same as flashing a brand new box? I ‘am not speaking about any specific drive type or firmware original flashed. This is just a general question.

Thanks.
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Re: Upgrading Firmware’s

Post by commando_lee »

9thwonda wrote:I just would like some clarity. If you receive a box that has been previously flashed, would the process be the same as flashing a brand new box? I ‘am not speaking about any specific drive type or firmware original flashed. This is just a general question.

Thanks.

if you have a benq or samsung, they can be flashed as stock. If you have a lite-on which has been flashed with 1.51 then it will dump via sata, but if its stock you will either need to have a probe or solder. With hitachi drives you have to restore them to original state before you re flash them
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Generally speaking, it would depend on the drive. Most of them, yes. You can approach with the never been flashed technique. Except for hitachi's, which must be restored prior to updating them. As commando_lee pointed out, if it's a lite-on thats been done with 1.51 or higher, then you can treat it similar to a sammy or benq, but this only works with jungleflasher. If you use iprep, you still need the probe.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
9thwonda
Bandit
Bandit

Post by 9thwonda »

Thanks guys for clearing that up. There should be an archived section for this type of information.

Return to “IPreP”