just two quick questions

Post Iprep 101 things here.
bigbev
Squire
Squire

Re: just two quick questions

Post by bigbev »

Man i messed up I thought my pc had the port in the back for the rs232 but it doesnt aarrgghh. At the store they had a rs232 cable with a usb on the other side. Will that work ? And if so do I still plug the usb in the back of the pc? Man my bad for all the questions
bigbev
Squire
Squire

Post by bigbev »

guess i cant cause as i was prepping my jump drive i saw that iprep app says no usb based rs232 work. So am i being forced lol to learn the jungleflasher method?
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Yeah you're spot-on, iprep won't work with a usb to r232 adaptor. Have a good read up on jungle as it's quite easy to get the hang of. Make sure the via's are either removed/renamed viewtopic.php?f=63&t=4351" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and instal portio and it should be plain sailing. Any questions just post 'em up.
bigbev
Squire
Squire

Post by bigbev »

Thanks for your patience. So should I remove my vi card all together ? I also remember it said that I had to manually install portio somethng. I will read up on it tomorrow I'm sure I got questions lol thanks man
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

You can use your onboard sata's if they're compatible but it's just as easy to follow the rename/remove in the above post and yip install portio. It can seem a bit daunting if you're used to iprep but its a good program once you get used to it.
bigbev
Squire
Squire

Post by bigbev »

so if i rename/remove do i or can i still connect the drive through sata off of my via card ? Or am i suppose to crack open my pc and connect it through there? Now when using jungle flasher i can use the usb my ck3 came with right? and if thats the case am i also recommended to use the back usb ports?
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

If you're going to use the via card then yip rename the file and connect the drive to the card, and yes you can use the usb cable with jungleflasher but it'll probably be better to use one of your back usb ports instead of the ones on the front of your tower. Sounds more complicated than it really is.
bigbev
Squire
Squire

Post by bigbev »

K so like im setting up my pc while im waiting for my probe anytime now. I have vista amd quad core processor 2.20GHz dont know why but i followed the link to a "T" about disableing the via card and drivers all went well up to the part where i tried to install the portio032. It keeps telling me to install manually. should i go throughreadme txt and do it manually only thing is i have vista
bigbev
Squire
Squire

Post by bigbev »

oh yeah i almost forgot dont know if this helps but i got a x64-based system
bigbev
Squire
Squire

Post by bigbev »

Followed the readme .txt file that came with a jungleflasher on how to install it manually i dont have the win\driver directory
bigbev
Squire
Squire

Post by bigbev »

just my luck did some research and come to find out that potio32 is not compatible with my x64pc. I can flash ms28 and benq no problem with iprep. But when it comes to the liteon i have nowhere to plug my rs232 in the back of my pc neither so Im guessing i dont have the right requirements to flash a liteon
bigbev
Squire
Squire

Post by bigbev »

hey dalecheesy can i use my laptop? i have a laptop that installed portio32 just fine, only thing is when i start jungleflasher it says:

JungleFlasher 0.1.62 Beta
Session Started Tue Jun 30 11:08:16 2009

This is a 32 bit process running on a 32 bit CPU
PortIO reports an error !
Found 2 I/O Ports.
Found 3 Com Ports.
Found 2 windows drives C: D:
Found 1 CD/DVD drives D:
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

There have been people who have reported being able to use a laptop for flashing but i haven't seen it done myself, if you have another hard drive kicking about your best bet would be to instal xp on it and use it primarily for flashing. Doesn't have to be a large capacity drive.
bigbev
Squire
Squire

Post by bigbev »

do they sell a rs232 port card for the back of the pc? I hate my situation lol
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Yip i think either sadalius or cofree tried one but i'm not sure it worked.

Return to “IPreP”