About spoofing and the Lite-On Drive

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
c0afanh
Bandit
Bandit

About spoofing and the Lite-On Drive

Post by c0afanh »

I was just wondering, when you spoof from one drive to another, do you have to always spoof your drive when you want to update your custom firmware? for example: from custom firmware iXtreme v1.51 to iXtreme v1.6.

Also, I keep hearing that the new iXtreme v1.6 cfw really doesn't work to good only for the Lite-On drives. I keep hearing that If you want to update your Lite-On drive with the new iXtreme v1.6, you have to have the iXtreme v1.6 Repack version. Is this true? I really don't know anything about this so-called Repack version for the new iXtreme v1.6 cfw for the Lite-On drive.

Is the new iXtreme v1.6 cfw safer to use then the iXtreme v1.51 cfw when you play online through the xbox live?

Someone let me know. Thanks....c0afanh.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: About spoofing and the Lite-On Drive

Post by sadalius »

Anything newer is always assumed to be safer. Whether it is or not, we don't know for sure. Only thing we can really do is take a look at the readme to see what changed, flash it and ride the wave and hope like a mad person the ban hammer don't cause a wipe out.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

btw the 'repack' is on xbins. Go download lite-on 1.6 and once you open the archive you will see its called ixtreme 1.6 repack...

I dont know where you heard that 1.6 doesnt work well. I have it running on a samsung, benq, and lite-on all working great. (Aswell as all the other boxes ive flashed with 1.6)
c0afanh
Bandit
Bandit

Post by c0afanh »

HaGGardSmurf wrote:btw the 'repack' is on xbins. Go download lite-on 1.6 and once you open the archive you will see its called ixtreme 1.6 repack...

I dont know where you heard that 1.6 doesnt work well. I have it running on a samsung, benq, and lite-on all working great. (Aswell as all the other boxes ive flashed with 1.6)
I did download the iXtreme v1.6 Repack cfw for the Lite-On Drive from Xbins. I also noticed that there is an activate ISO image. What is that used for?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

i moved this to the right spot ;)
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
c0afanh
Bandit
Bandit

Post by c0afanh »

Team Hyper X released version 1.6 of the iXtreme Firmware. The firmware is currently available for the Samsung, BenQ and LiteOn Xbox 360 DVD drives. After the release (of iXtreme v1.6), there were reports of compatibility problems with some LiteOn drives and games that use the new Wave 3 video partition. A LiteOn repack / bugfix has since been released to correct this issue, anyone who downloaded the original LiteOn iXtreme 1.6 firmware file *should not* flash it and should get the repacked version instead. The Hitachi firmware is still being developed, and the ETA is unknown.

This statement came from 360Mods.com

This is were I was reading that there was an issue with the iXtreme v1.6 cfw when flashing a Lite-On drive and this is were I heard of the Repack version of iXtreme v1.6 for the Lite-On drives. When it stated: After the release (of iXtreme v1.6), there were reports of compatibility problems with some LiteOn drives and games that use the new Wave 3 video partition. A LiteOn repack / bugfix has since been released to correct this issue, anyone who downloaded the original LiteOn iXtreme 1.6 firmware file *should not* flash it and should get the repacked version instead.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

yes
this is old news

the ix v1.6 repack is the latest firmware for the lite-on
No Questions by PM.
c0afanh
Bandit
Bandit

Post by c0afanh »

CoFree wrote:yes
this is old news

the ix v1.6 repack is the latest firmware for the lite-on
Ok. When I was trying to flash a lite-on drive using iPrep v008.8, everything was working great up until i noticed it did build the cfw iXtreme v1.6. So, I did the whole process all over again and flashed the lite-on drive with iXtreme v1.51. The reason why i did that is so that I wouldn't brink the lite-on drive. Just trying to be safe. That's all. When I downloaded the iXtreme v1.6 cfw from Auto Xbins, I did notice that it came with a activate ISO CD image file, what is that used for?

Also, when you spoof a drive and want to update that drive that you just spoofed, do you have to always spoof the drive before or after updating the drive with a new cfw? Or once the drive is spoofed with the dvd key, you don't have to do no more spoofing for that drive to do an update?

Let me know. Thanks....c0afanh.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

c0afanh wrote:all over again and flashed the lite-on drive with iXtreme v1.51
thats fine
a lot of my consoles still have v1.51 on them.
c0afanh wrote:I did notice that it came with a activate ISO CD image file, what is that used for?
if you are going to try and backup a game with the same drive
c0afanh wrote:Also, when you spoof a drive and want to update that drive that you just spoofed, do you have to always spoof the drive before or after updating the drive with a new cfw? Or once the drive is spoofed with the dvd key, you don't have to do no more spoofing for that drive to do an update?
you will need to spoof the new dvd drive firmware evertime you flash in new firmware.

when you spoof a drive firmware man
you are making the dvd drive report to the console that it is the original drive type.

if your console had a samsung and you put in a benq dvd drive
you would have to "spoof" the benq firmware to report as a samsung.so when the console said to the dvd drive
hey what kind of drive are you
the drive would say back
im a samsung
because if it said im a benq then the console would not play nice with others

that has always been M$ problem
they dont like to play nice with others :D
No Questions by PM.
c0afanh
Bandit
Bandit

Post by c0afanh »

CoFree wrote:
c0afanh wrote:all over again and flashed the lite-on drive with iXtreme v1.51
thats fine
a lot of my consoles still have v1.51 on them.
c0afanh wrote:I did notice that it came with a activate ISO CD image file, what is that used for?
if you are going to try and backup a game with the same drive
c0afanh wrote:Also, when you spoof a drive and want to update that drive that you just spoofed, do you have to always spoof the drive before or after updating the drive with a new cfw? Or once the drive is spoofed with the dvd key, you don't have to do no more spoofing for that drive to do an update?
you will need to spoof the new dvd drive firmware evertime you flash in new firmware.

when you spoof a drive firmware man
you are making the dvd drive report to the console that it is the original drive type.

if your console had a samsung and you put in a benq dvd drive
you would have to "spoof" the benq firmware to report as a samsung.so when the console said to the dvd drive
hey what kind of drive are you
the drive would say back
im a samsung
because if it said im a benq then the console would not play nice with others

that has always been M$ problem
they dont like to play nice with others :D
Thank you cofree for answering my questions. I try not to ask on the chat room, but when I see that my questions on the board are going unanswered, that's when I go to the chat room and ask questions for support. Still I try not to ask too many questions on the chat. Thanks....c0afanh.

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”