Original Xbox

Any thing that should be in the toilet can and should be posted here!
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Original Xbox

Post by commando_lee »

How do guys, im looking to mod a original xbox id prfer softmod aint the best at solderin. Any 1 know how to do it? or which is best way?

is it possible to run iso image from a backup game straight off the HDD?
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Original Xbox

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Well you can boot off the HDD, I used to, I used to dump the game to my HDD, then boot from there...

As for soft modding, you will need to use the game save exploit, so you will need action replay or some other way to transfer files from your comp to an xbox memory card. There are a couple games you can use the exploit for... I remember you can use mech assault, I used splinter cell...

As far as I remember, once you have the game save, you boot the game, and load the save file, then you get basically a wizard that will soft mod your box, and ask you various questions along the way... The only question I remember was what dashboard you want to install? (There were 2 types of dash's at the time, the names escape me)

I havent used my xbox since the release of the 360, so I dont know if the files are still available or if there are new methods or what...
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by commando_lee »

Im thinking its 2 much hassle to do it, mrs just gona have to make do with the 360 and get used to proper games
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Its probably easier to buy a pre modded xbox 1 online or something... They should be cheap, but who knows...

You can always just buy another 360 console and mod it for her ;)
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by commando_lee »

both 360's are modded but, some off the older games arnt on the backwards compatable list
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Well action replay is probably still sold online. Probably around $5.00

Heres a pic tut for modding your box:
http://www.techfreaks.org/articles/modxbox.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(I may just break out my modded box's I was reading an article on good uses for your old modded xbox, and it got me thinking ;) )

Return to “The Outhouse”