PSN Gamesharing

cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

PSN Gamesharing

Post by cyantific »

A CAG Gamesharing FAQ

Q: How does gamesharing work?

A: It's simple. Once you buy a game, that game is tied to your PSN ID. Basically all you do is give someone your account info, and they click "download again." Both players will have the game, but remember, don't delete the account from your PSN, or the downloaded game will be gone!

Q: This whole gamesharing thing sounds sketchy to me. Is it legit?
A: From CheapyD, the man himself:

Approved by Jack Tretton, President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment of America
http://www.wired.com/gaming/gamingre.../2006/10/71982" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sony announced that players who download games from PlayStation's online shop can share them on up to five other PS3 machines.

If a player logs into his PlayStation 3 account on a friend's system, he can download any game he has already purchased. "You can send that content to four other friends for that initial investment," said Tretton. "We want to get the game in as many hands as possible." "It's not about generating profits at each and every interaction with the consumer," he said. "I think that really offsets the argument that says, 'Wow, that's a really pricey system.'"
thanks to CAG!

I own:
  • Bionic Commando: Rearmed
    Burn Zombie Burn
    Magic Ball + DLC
    PixelJunk Monsters + DLC
    Rag Doll Kung Fu
    Savage Moon
    Super Street Fighter II HD Remix
    Super Puzzle Fighter II HD Remix
    Wheel of Fortune
    Wolf of the Battlefield: Commandos 3