All console Gaming News will be here.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

UFC "At War" With EA

Post by CoFree »

UFC "At War" With EA
By Tom Ivan

Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White says he is “at war” with EA after the publisher announced plans to release a mixed martial arts title.

According to White, EA previously turned down the opportunity to partner with the body on a game because the publisher said UFC was “not a real sport."

UFC subsequently teamed with THQ for UFC 2009: Undisputed, which has gone on to ship over two million copies.

"We put our asses on the line, THQ and the UFC, to make a videogame deal in the worst economy in the world," White told MMA Junkie. "We go out there and do this thing, and it's successful, and now [expletive] EA Sports wants to do a videogame. Really? That's not what you told us a year-and-a-half ago. You told us you'd never be in business with us. They wouldn't even take a meeting because mixed martial arts disgusted them.”

In June EA Sports announced plans for its “next global franchise,” EA Sports MMA. The company said it would feature "a vast array of top fighters and fighting styles from around the world" when it debuted on next year on PS3 and Xbox 360.

White has now reportedly warned UFC fighters that they will be blacklisted if they attempt to sign over their likeness to EA’s new project.

"I'm not tap-dancing around this thing or whatever," he said. "I'm telling you straight-up, I'm at war with them right now. That's how I look at it."
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: UFC "At War" With EA

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Wow EA is incredibly dumb. Why would you not want to cash in on the ufc's success? Have they not noticed how popular it is, and how much more popular it becomes each and every day?

Hopefully dana can rally enough other fighters to not participate in this project that EA has to cancel it, or that no one wants to play/buy the game for lack of 'superstars'
COEBRA
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by COEBRA »

Maybe EA will put the MMA chick fighters on theirs too :lol: That would be the only reason I would buy it after telling Dana they weren't making a game... I think EA are a bunch of pony farts anyway !! The games aren't really that good...
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

I like alot of their games, and their canadian, but this whole thing angers me. I think undisputed could have been MUCH better had EA of done it.

I hope this 'war' results in EA doing the next couple UFC games.

Return to “Gaming News”