......RobinHoods River Get Together.....

A place to hang out with the other members of Robinhoods Playground.com
Got a joke or a story let us hear it.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: ......RobinHoods River Get Together.....

Post by CoFree »

ok guys
day two went great.
we are all headed to the gameroom from the river to watch the ufc 101 and maybe do a little gaming.
i'll be running the the night live on the video feed
if you would like to drop in to have a look see.
like i said ill get pictures and a small video up sometime after the first of the week.

just want to give a big thanks to ShootSteel for making the trip up.
I did have to rescue him from the small(I mean small) room he had.
We just put him up in a room at the river house.

Tomorrow is just a cool down day
we was doing some crazy stuff on the wave runner.

more later guys.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
silentj
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by silentj »

another good one.
day two of the river get to together was even better.
Take It Like a champ
COEBRA
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by COEBRA »

VERY sore but worth the fun times and good company !! Thanx RHPG :D
rkd2398

Post by rkd2398 »

Man sounds like a blast. Wish I could have made it up, maybe next time!!
[url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/rkd2398[/url]

Please No Questions by PM, Use the board that's what it's for.
Shootsteel
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Shootsteel »

recording your voices from the video tuts and transferring it onto an mp3 player then inserting it into the RHPG voodoo dolls which are kept in the shrine underneath my stairs...Doo doooo doooo doo..
Dale, I missed this before but I will have to respectfully ask that my tut be deleted from your hard-drive and or any other medium that would help you in mission current or in the future....
Shootsteel
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Shootsteel »

Saddled up on Thursday afternoon and took off in the Big Lebowski heading North for the next 2.5 hours towards the unknown.....to meet People that I don't know other than from the web, suddenly I am a statistic that I never thought I would be, meeting people whom I have formed a relationship with on the web. OMG

I set my GPS with an approximate address of the DIVE INN as their address is not in the data base of Garmin....It was not due to the newness of the "resort" either. I found my way into Branford and pulled up to the steps of THE local Inn at the blinking light smack in the middle of town. I was literally surrounded by dining options...Nell's, Sisters, Hardees, a sub shop, and a couple of gas stations that offered all kinds of things to eat. With a recommendation from Cofree I found a place called "Gatherings" which is a sit down restaurant with a proper menu and salad bar. I ordered a Sweet tea and a large Fried Shrimp platter which turned out to be 2 dozen good sized fried shrimp, fries, and a side salad. The shrimp were cooked to perfection and the server was pleasant and efficient. If you want good sweet tea the only place to have it is here in the South…case closed. Their sweet tea was no exception not too sweet and perfectly balanced…mmmm. I was not able to finish my meal as I found myself stuffed with 6 shrimp remaining. Such is the life of a king.

Thursday night: Arrival at the “Hall of Gaming” to which I have seen no equal in a private setting….I know most of you have seen it in pictures and on the live feeds but to a gamer it was like walking into FAO Schwartz as a 10 year old…..Pictures do not do it justice Cofree and I proceeded to tell stories, compare notes, and generally get acquainted, it was in the game room that I met parts of Cofree’s family and friends while deciding what was to become of the night. The decision was made once air-conditioning was confirmed to head over to the River House. Little did I know that I should have brought some bread crumbs to drop along the way as we drove and drove deep into the wood (Forest) in the dead of night turning here- twisting there and finally arrival. Luckily all I had to do was follow a truck in front of me and not follow directions.

The River house is brand new and was perfectly appointed for the task at hand…chips, dip, wine, rum…and good company. All the makings for a fine evening, and it was. We were able to talk shop to the wee hours and turn in for the night.

Friday: Apparently my alarm clock was broke so I woke up at the crack of 11 to a beautiful summer morning, overall a much needed repast…..Hot coffee was waiting as well as some breakfast fruit, just what I needed….Down to the river we go setting up the dock with some cover and drinks as well as checking the Jet skis for fuel and oil. Everything was set for a day on the water…Phew time to grab a lounge and point my toes to the sky for a little bit. More blabbering about the box we love so much.
Friends of the site arrived and the river was jumping with kids and adults alike having a blast….swimming, tubing, falling down trying to wake board, someone actually wakeboarding, blabbering about the box some more and general lazing about.
Friday at the river house was burger night where I, due to the lack of any other, volunteered to man the grill…en mass the crowd responded with “make mine Well done”…. (I eat mine Rare)…apparently I did not hockey- puckify them properly as these beauties went from 25 minutes on the grill straight to the house oven for a little more proofing , thanks to D she spared me that knowledge.
Friday night would not be the same without a river bonfire or so I was told….so we did our best to make do just thinking bonfire not actually lighting one while having some rum, wine, and sodas up on the main house deck while we talked and laughed ourselves silly prior to passing out.

Saturday: Just read Friday again but insert the part where I took off for home at 2pm and delete the part about hamburgers. Other than that we spoofed Friday into a Saturday.

Fun was had by all as I know I had a blast….I want to thank everyone in Cofree’s family that I may have put out and for never making me feel like a burden. I look forward to next year when we might have a few more from the site involved. A shout out to everyone I met there as I enjoyed meeting everyone…especially the kids.

Photos to follow.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

the weekend was a great time for me and all mine friends and family,both.
im glad shootsteel made the trip up he made the weekend complete.

next year
we will try to pull this off at the start of summer not the end when we have school looking the kids right in the face.
No Questions by PM.
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Sounded great guys. Taking these bloody voodoo dolls back as nobody complained of having a pain a bit like a ballpoint pen stuck in ya legs..Grrrrrr. Going to definitely try and make the next one.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I'm sorry I had to miss it. It sounds like you guys had a pretty good time though.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
rkd2398

Post by rkd2398 »

I thought someone was going to post photos?
[url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/rkd2398[/url]

Please No Questions by PM, Use the board that's what it's for.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

ill try to get some up
No Questions by PM.

Return to “The Forest”