Help with Iprep and Liteon DVD FW.

Post Iprep 101 things here.
lowpost99
Peasant
Peasant

Help with Iprep and Liteon DVD FW.

Post by lowpost99 »

First my apologies, this is my first post here as well as my first attempt at a Lite-on DVD, and the details are lenghty. I have done a few others, without any troubles at all, but I haven't been able as successful with JF as I have with other DVD brands. I've grabbed the key from my Lite-on 74850c, using Jungleflasher 1.65, CK3 drive tray 1/2 open etc, and spoofed ix16-liteon-repack.bin into lite_cfw.bin. The JF.log appears to contain the key and the correct DVD model information. I used the "nofreeze" driver for the VIA SATA card,

So far so good, but then I had issues with the JF "Liteon Erase" feature after 20 attempts and drive power-cycles. My Liteon dvd will not go into mode B(FF72 or 0x72) regardless of what I do. I also no longer can detect the drive with JF after several cycles of both PC and DVD drive.
My research @ xb-scene heavily recommended suggested this state is often mistaken for a "bricked" drive, but many have had this occur and they recommended that I try dosflash and lo -eras method to erase and flash my spoofed fw to the Liteon, and the tuts I've read just reference iprep as the tool to create the USB Boot key with all the necessary tools/files needed minus my spoofed fw.

Problems off the bat. I installed and updated the idef.xml, but, at the initial screen of iprep, when I browse and select my Lite_cfw.bin, and VIA VT6421 it errors with "ino valid firmware loaded" and I can go no further.

I've got some ideas, but don't completely understand the complete nature of iprep to say for certain. I believe that either
A) My lite_cfw.bin could be jacked. How can I know for certain, and if it is ok, then why is iprep complaining about the MD5 check given my update to idef.xml.

B) From the jf.log: Sending DVDKey request to I/O port 0x8800 and COM3. Although the i/o port is correct in iprep, it only offers COM1 as a choice in the list. Is my H/W in the wrong state before running iprep? Or was that COM3 only used by the CK3 to run the USB spear? Why is this information valuable to a USB boot-maker? I can only suspect that iprep is also preparing the USB key with a driver, configures a mini-driver for DOS to run the SATA card at those addresses specified. Would I need to now move the SATA connector to the VIA card to a different port Other than the one which has been successful many times?

Thanks for the replies...
rkd2398
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: Help with Iprep and Liteon DVD FW.

Post by rkd2398 »

First, Welcome to the Forest.

Second, Here's what I would try: viewtopic.php?f=195&t=3226

You need to have IPrep v9 RHPG and your custom firmware from Jungle Flasher. Build your usb drive in Iprep then delete everything out except:

Dosflash.tpy
firmtool.exe
autoexec.bat
L-O-Eras.exe
then rename your custom firmware to lite_cfw.bin

Put the usb drive in and reboot with the lite-on attached. When you get to a command prompt c:\ type in L-O-Erase.exe "space no quotes" Then the port #. this should give you something like FF80, do it again and then you should get FF72. once you have that you then go into dosflash and proceed to flash.

Any more questions just post up.
[url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/rkd2398[/url]

Please No Questions by PM, Use the board that's what it's for.
lowpost99
Peasant
Peasant

Post by lowpost99 »

I could not find that version on xbins, or @ klutsh.com Ideas?
rkd2398

Post by rkd2398 »

You can get RHPG IPrep 9 Here: (edit changed the link:) viewtopic.php?f=112&t=48" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by rkd2398 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

rkd2398
please dont link strait to the download.
but instead
put a link to the 360 programs thread
that way the new guys will start learning the site some. ;)
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
rkd2398

Post by rkd2398 »

CoFree wrote:rkd2398
please dont link start to the download.
but instead
put a link to the 360 programs thread
that way the new guys will start learning the site some. ;)

Will Do! I changed it.

lowpost99
Peasant
Peasant

Post by lowpost99 »

Still no better. I get the same error.
lowpost99
Peasant
Peasant

Post by lowpost99 »

I get the "No valid firmware loaded" on fw files that have been used successfully.
rkd2398

Post by rkd2398 »

check this out:

viewtopic.php?f=131&t=5574" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lowpost99
Peasant
Peasant

Post by lowpost99 »

rkd2398 wrote:check this out:

viewtopic.php?f=131&t=5574" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Got that updated idef.xml file and rebooted. I can now read ix16-liteon-repack.bin at least. I still cannot load my spoofed file. This is what I need here correct? This enables the spoofed FW to be retrieved from the USB key with the dosflash commands?
rkd2398

Post by rkd2398 »

In JF did you Spoof source to target and then save the CFW?

lowpost99
Peasant
Peasant

Post by lowpost99 »

Yes thanks, in JF, i loaded dummy.bin, for source then ix16-liteon-repack.bin as target, hit spoof source to target, saved to disk...fails to load in iprep.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

You don't load cfw's in iprep. Only ixtreme firmwares that has not been prepared yet. Just load up what ever ixtreme firmware you need in iprep and let it create the boot media, then rename the cfw that you have to match what iprep uses. On the boot media, there is a folder called BACKUPS, inside that folder create a new folder called 1234567 then inside that one create another new folder called 12345 and copy your renamed cfw into this folder. Then follow the guide to finish it out.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
lowpost99
Peasant
Peasant

Post by lowpost99 »

sadalius wrote:You don't load cfw's in iprep. Only ixtreme firmwares that has not been prepared yet. Just load up what ever ixtreme firmware you need in iprep and let it create the boot media, then rename the cfw that you have to match what iprep uses. On the boot media, there is a folder called BACKUPS, inside that folder create a new folder called 1234567 then inside that one create another new folder called 12345 and copy your renamed cfw into this folder. Then follow the guide to finish it out.
Ah ha! Thanks... this is clearer now. Thanks to you both for your patience. I knew that I was doing something wrong... and I'd better spell out all the steps I was taking. None of the tuts have gone into any specific description to say which fw to load...I certainly thought it would be the fw that we wanted to load to the drive. Thanks again, and I can't wait to try it later today...
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Well, I can see where one would think that, but the process that iprep uses isn't quite that way. The idea of iprep is to take the ixtreme firmware and load it onto bootable media, then copy the needed files and make it bootable. That way you can boot to the media, extract the necessary information from the drive, then it creates the cfw from that info on the fly using the info from the ofw and then injects that into the un-prepared ixtreme fw. The results of that process is your cfw.

Now, that being said, if you have your own already prepared cfw and want to flash that in, you would start at the flashing part and skip the reading and creating part.

Hope that helps to understand how iprep works. at least how the old version works. The new version, you won't be able to do that unless you know what you are doing. Its much more automated and doesn't let you skip different steps.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please

Return to “IPreP”