How do you restore a BenQ drive using iPrep?

Post Iprep 101 things here.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: How do you restore a BenQ drive using iPrep?

Post by CoFree »

glad you got it man
damn good work

im not sure on the portio stuff
i have a via pc for flashing and a pc that has never hadf a via in it
so im just not real sure
I think it will work for the via card but not 100%
wait on sadalius or one of the other guys that know for sure

again damn good work man
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

If you want to use jungle, you will need portIO and your VIA drivers disabled.

For iprep, PortIO doesnt matter, it can be installed or not. As for the via drivers, im not 100% sure, but I dont think you need them.

Go into device manager, and disable the via drivers, dont rename them, then if you want to use iprep, enable the drivers. (Reason I say enable is because I know lots of iprep users have their drivers installed, so you may need them, wait for someone to confirm this)
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

you do need to rename the via stuff
after you uninstall the via drivers
have a read
http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... =63&t=4351" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No Questions by PM.
c0afanh
Bandit
Bandit

Post by c0afanh »

c0afanh wrote:
c0afanh wrote:
CoFree wrote:ok that helps
yes your key looked good

dont lose those firmware copies

well mqn
i have not seen where you are using a via6421 chipset
but
that should not matter being that
the pc saw the drive to dump it

man it has to be something in your setup
and it is for sure as far as the restore is concerned.

pm me man
where are you at
I am planning on using the latest version of Jungle Flasher. My question is, do I need to install the Port IO 32 installer that comes with the Jungle Flasher program? The reason why I ask, is because when I go to the PortIO32 file to install it, it keeps displaying "ERROR: Please install ProtIO32.dll manually!" Any thoughts or suggestions? Let me know. Anyway, I told you that my BenOFW.Bin and BenCFW.Bin files are good copies. I always make sure of that. Please get back to be about my Jungle Flasher question. Thanks....c0afanh.
Never mind, I got it to work. I installed the PortIO32 installer. My question is, in order for me to use Jungle Flasher, I need to disable the VIA VT6421 drivers and then install the Port IO 32 file and rename the VIA VT6421 file. Then I can use Jungle Flasher. Can I leave the VIA VT6421 drivers disabled and let the Port IO 32 drivers work for iPrep? if I decide to use iPrep and Jungle Flasher. Or, do I have to enable the VIA VT6421 drivers and disable the Port IO 32 drivers if I want to use iPrep and not use Jungle Flasher? Let me know. Thanks....c0afanh.
Good news Cofree and friends. I restored my BenQ drive successfully. After restoring it with it's original firmware and DVD key, I managed to do with Jungle Flasher, not iPrep. I just followed the instructions on how to restore a bad flash through one of the video tutorials on youtube. I tried to find one here on this site, but I couldn't find one. Anyway, after restoring my BenQ drive with it's original firmware and DVD key, I then used iPrep v008.8 and flashed it with the latest iXtreme v1.6 custom firmware and it flashed successfully. Yes, I made sure that I did save the BenOFW.Bin and BenCFW.Bin files. I am a happy man now. Thanks to all who tried to help me, thanks. c0afanh.
Last edited by c0afanh on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

i sure would like to know what happened when you where using iprep to flash with
No Questions by PM.
c0afanh
Bandit
Bandit

Post by c0afanh »

CoFree wrote:i sure would like to know what happened when you where using iprep to flash with
I used iPrep v008.8, not v10.7. I just had way too many issue when trying to use v10.7. As far as me using iPrep v008.8 when I flashed the BenQ drive, it was as doing a normal flash, believe it or not. All I know, it worked out and I am very happy. Thanks again Cofree for all your help man. Thanks....c0afanh.

Return to “IPreP”