iPrep 10.7 using alternate (COM?) port

Post Iprep 101 things here.
jimjones3d
Peasant
Peasant

iPrep 10.7 using alternate (COM?) port

Post by jimjones3d »

Hi guys, I have a (hopefully) simple question.

The issue I am having is that when I attempt to read the firmware of a Lite-on drive in iPrep(10.7), the program immediately errors and says that I need to check my connections.

Upon seeing this problem and reading that I need to reconnect my cables I immediately thought about the fact that iPrep might be trying to read from the wrong port on my card. This is because, when using the new iPrep, there is no choice for port number when I want to read a firmware. The main port on my VIA card has been broken, so I now use an alternate port on the same card. Before I never had a problem with iPrep(dosflash), I would simply point it to the correct port.

So basically, I was wondering if anyone else thinks that this may be the issue, and if they do; how can I resolve it?

Thanks in advance for any help. :D
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: iPrep 10.7 using alternate (COM?) port

Post by CoFree »

as far as i know there is not way to change the port iprep uses
it indexes the main port on the card and that is it

all i can say is get a new card.
one like this
http://tekgems.com/Products/la-pci22-vt6421a.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
jimjones3d
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jimjones3d »

Thanks for the link, and I think I will be getting a new one (especially at that price!). However, I was thinking of a more immediate solution.

I shouldn't have a problem modding a v74 Lite-On with an older version of iPrep (one that uses the dosflash screen), correct?
jimjones3d
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jimjones3d »

Just to let people know, I managed to solve my problem here. 8-)

I had the same problem in iPrep009, so I decided to go at it in Windows with JungleFlasher. I used JF in Windows (couldn't before because of weird error - had to repair the .net framework 3.5 SP1 in Add/remove programs) to get the key for the Lite-On drive. Then after getting the key, it was a simple trip through iPrep (v009) to erase and flash the new FW (which I also made in JF).

Just thought you should know what I did in case anyone else runs into this problem.

Time to buy a new VIA card! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

damn good job man :D
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

actually, you can change your sata or com port in iprep rather easily. For some reason, there is a computer that iprep 10.7 doesn't want to use the onboard sata so the correct port never shows up. So I just let it go at the first one that comes up and let it build the usb stick. Then I browse the usb stick and find a file named info.bat and edit it with notepad. When you open it with notepad you will see something like this:

SET SATA=9000
SET COM=1

So if your correct sata port is something like BF00, you just change the 9000 to BF00 or if you wanted to use COM2 instead of COM1, just change the 1 to a 2 or what ever you would need. Save the file and you should be good.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please

Return to “IPreP”