Can't boot from USB

Post Iprep 101 things here.
BartV
Squire
Squire

Can't boot from USB

Post by BartV »

Hi, when I start Iprep 10.7 it gives the message "no device found". The next thing I do is selecting my IDE port which is FF00. I select the firmware and choose make bootable and restart my pc. But when I'm in the BIOS there appears to be a USB-ZIP boot option that wasn't there before.

When I select USB-ZIP to be the first to be booted I only see a "_" cursor nothing else. I have a phoenix award winning workstation bios. It is quite old. What do I have to do to boot from my Usb correctly?

I'm using windows xp 32 bit.
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Can't boot from USB

Post by dalecheesy »

Select FAT instead of fat32 on the bottom right in the iprep program (where the target device is) and try again. It might be worth investing in a 6421 card as well as they're nigh on guaranteed to work with iprep.
BartV
Squire
Squire

Post by BartV »

I got it :D. But it says it can't read the drive its firmware.
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Which drive is it and are you using a ck3 etc?
BartV
Squire
Squire

Post by BartV »

Hi, I tried the tutorial from cofree where my lite on drive is locked. When he is in dos and typs in the command l-o-eas.exe and then my port numer FF00 I get the 0x51 status. When I type in this command again, as shown in the tutorial, I get the same status 0x51. This problem also occurs in jungleflasher itself.

I almost know for sure that I installed the usb boot stick with iprep properly. The only difference in the video tutorial from cofree is that I now used iprep 10.7,

Can somebody help me get the right status 'cause I can't get it working if I execute the command: "l-o-eras.exe FF00" (my portnumer) shown in the video.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

if you are not using a via6421a or l chipset order the card.
http://tekgems.com/Products/la-pci22-vt6421a.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
BartV
Squire
Squire

Post by BartV »

Well, I'm using my onboard sata ports and the usb connector that comes with the ck3 pro kit. I think I got all the things I need if I look at your Video Tut on how to recover that freeze problem if you're trying to flash a liteon.
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Why have you used the l-o-eras? Have you already dumped the drive and if so you must make the cfw firmware and copy it over to the stick? Bit late now if you've used the l-o-eras but Iprep will not dump with the usb ck3 connection. You will have either needed to invest in an r232 serial lead if your pc has a 9 pin comport or use jungleflasher and either a probe or bridge the 707 points. And as mentioned a couple of times get a 6421 card if you plan on using iprep as it saves on all the compatibility problems. I'd maybe put the drive back into the console to see if it still plays originals before you go any further as if its erased without a proper backup its game over.
BartV
Squire
Squire

Post by BartV »

I already dumped all of my DVD information (including key and firmware) onto my computer and copied it over onto the usb flash drive. The only problem I have is that it worked out for cofree without the rs232 adapter. Maybe it has something to do with the software versions.

When I follow the video tutorial from cofree I can't get the l-o-eras.exe not working because when I type it in the second time it says that It has exactly the same mode (0x51) as the first time I used that command.
BartV
Squire
Squire

Post by BartV »

Ok, I got it. After I just read this thread: http://www.360mods.net/index.php?name=F ... ic&t=20002" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it all makes sense to me. At the front of my computer there is a sticker that says: "Intel pentium D inside" in the thread which I just gave the link to someone says intel chipsets are hard to flash with.

I ordered the VIA card so I hope that will work. Thank you for all the effort :D

Return to “IPreP”