Super Smash Bros. Brawl not working on Wiikeys

sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Super Smash Bros. Brawl not working on Wiikeys

Post by sadalius »

People are frantically posting on forums everywhere that super smash bros.brawl is not working with the Wiikey. The wiikey team did respond though and say that they are investigating the issue and also working on a dual layer dumping application as this game is definitely dual layered.

This at least gives us word that the Wiikey Team is alive!! I personally don't know how good this game is, but it must be pretty good for the amount of posts that I've seen posted up on wiinewz.com. Those here who have a wii fitted with a wiikey should know that other chips like the cyclowiz and the d2ckey are working with this game. We also don't know how long it will take the Wiikey Team to release their update when they do release it or how they will distribute it, but as soon as we find out, you'll know it too!!
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl not working on Wiikeys

Post by CoFree »

im thinking about getting a d2ckey
ill put it in the wii with the wiid
what do you think.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

The d2ckey won't work on that one. The dvd drive has to have a D2C chipset before you can install a d2ckey in one.
Sadalius

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

thats is the chip with out the legs right.
no i see now
that must be a wii that came out after the wii with the legs cut off the ic.

so i guess the cyclowiz it is then.
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Yeah, for those with the chipsets that are below D2C, if you don't want to wait for the wiikey team to release their update, cyclowiz is the way to go it seems. Although I would probably wait a little while to see what goes down. Most everything is going off a lot of speculation and stuff at the moment.
Sadalius

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

yea i was just thinking of messing with this wiid box.
hell im having a hard time finding the chip anyway

im in no hurry

you hear from kam
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Not heard from him yet. Seems since chips became illegal in hong kong, chips has been hard to come by. It may not have anything to do with it, but it sure seems that way.
Sadalius

sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Just an update on this situation: I've read that they are now able to make a backup of this game. They are able to check it with either a d2ckey or a cyclowiz and are getting mixed results. They are not sure whether its something to do with the ripper or what, but in either case, the game backup gives erratic occasional errors. The backups do not work on the wiikey. But, the wiikey team has been involved with this and are saying they might be able to have an update released this weekend.

But, the release date for some countries gives the wiikey team plenty of time to get things squared away. In the US, SSBB is not scheduled for release until March, and PAL regions are even further behind that. The only thing we have to go on is the Japanese region, NTSC-J where the game just recently released. It's also fair to note that lots of non-modded Japanese Wii's are seeing the same type of issue that the wiikey'd wii's are seeing. The two issues may not be related though.
Sadalius

Return to “General information”