Question for Cofree / Mods regarding making ixdef files.

Post Iprep 101 things here.
Cjc1706
Squire
Squire

Question for Cofree / Mods regarding making ixdef files.

Post by Cjc1706 »

Hi guys,

Just recently updated a liteon to 1.6 using iPrep, with alot of running around involved. I have updated liteons before by using a mix of JF and iPrep. Basically if the drive is already flashed, I use JF to get the key, then create a LitCFW with the drive key, create my USB drive and then in the backups folder create a folder 1234567 and in there a folder 12345 and then place the newly created LitCFW in there.

I would then load up iprep, do the usual steps, type in fLit 1234567 12345 etc etc and it would flash and update great!

Now here is where iPrep 10.7 gave me a bit of trouble

Basically what happend is:

Got the key okay via JF. (Dont trust JF at all for flashing, ALWAYS use iPrep no matter what anyone has said to me)

I had iprep 10.7 installed with the latest definitions (to support the new 1.61 fw for the Benq and Sammys), anyway, tried to then load the 1.6 liteon fw into this and it wouldnt have it, gave me an error about the fw being invalid. Anyway , I then reinstalled 10.7 with the original ixdef file which would support the 1.6 fw's. Managed to load the liteon fine and create my USB. First step done

So i booted into iprep 10.7 and this is where the problem starts, it would not let me flash a drive without having the probe in place. Problem being that with the liteon being flashed already, even if you do put the probe in the 707 hole, you do not get a green light and do not get a dumped key. It was at this point Iprep would not let me go any further.

So i had to uninstall 10.7 from my computer and install iPrep 9 and update the definitions to allow the 1.6 firmware.

Created my USB again, loaded into iprep, used the usual commands of fLit 1234567 12345 etc and it worked finally.

NOW then lol .... what this WHOLE long winded post is getting at is when the new Liteon 1.61 firmware is released, will the creators of the updated ixdef files please consider creating an ixdef file that supports 1.61 fw that is compatable with iPrep 9. As I have stated, 10.7 does not allow you to skip the reading bit of the program like v9 does, thus making updating a liteon a damn pain in the arse.

So basically to sum up....... once the ixtreme 1.61 is out for the liteon, can you please create an ixdef file compatable with Iprep v9 please :) :) :) ?

Thanks

CJ
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Question for Cofree / Mods regarding making ixdef files.

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

iPrep 10.7 does support skipping the reading part..

Its done by going:

lit 1234567 12345 w

By putting the w at the end you are going straight to write. Same thing works for sam's and benq's
Cjc1706
Squire
Squire

Re: Question for Cofree / Mods regarding making ixdef files.

Post by Cjc1706 »

thanks for your reply. I didnt realise this feature was available with 10.7. thanks for pointing that out. Hasnt the naming convention changed since v9 to 10.7 for the saved FW file . For example in v9 the ixtreme fw would be called LitCFW.bin .... but ive noticed v10.7 naming it as L74CFW.bin

So basically what i need to do when 10.7 loads up is do the half tray open method, then type lit 1234567 12345 w . Then does it ask you to specifiy which FW fille needs writing like it asks for in V9 ....

but how does this distinguish between the 74 or the 83 models by just typing in lit 1234567 12345 as it normally wants to do (by either typing L74 1234567 12345 or L83 1234567 12345).

Thanks

CJ

Return to “IPreP”