Ban Wave

Have a read and let us know what you think.
nimda0
Squire
Squire

Re: Ban Wave

Post by nimda0 »

jimmy j wrote:I'm not sure if this has already been posted. I apologise if it has.

#fw chan - [c4eva] new fw in dev/test - ixtreme LT (Lite Touch) - more efficient, minimal patching, fw indistinguishable from orig

So yeah, it is the firmware they are detecting after all.
To confirm this, here is the official conversation:

(23:39:52) * Neo- changes topic to '[c4eva] new fw in dev/test - ixtreme LT (Lite Touch) - more efficient, minimal patching, fw indistinguishable from orig'
(23:39:52) * Neo- sets mode: +l 2015
(23:39:53) * grrox sets mode: +l 2012
(23:39:59) <@[X]nWo[X]> not enough room
(23:40:00) * ayzee sets mode: -b nirv*!*@*
(23:40:02) <@Neo-> nope
(23:40:05) * Joins: flawl3z_ (~chatzilla@c-24-16-155-35.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
(23:40:07) * Quits: fenix31- (~blah@CPE-72-135-116-156.new.res.rr.com) (Client Quit)
(23:40:13) * Joins: freshtrea (~no@173-19-128-203.client.mchsi.com)
(23:40:20) * Quits: afc1 (~gayboi5@5e0101ce.bb.sky.com) (afc1)
(23:40:23) * Joins: juditho (~compu_fix@189.231.99.123)
(23:40:27) <@[X]nWo[X]> [c4eva] new fw in dev/test - ixtreme LT (Lite Touch) - more efficient , minimal patching , all aspects of fw indistinguisable from orig, no more bans, No ETA!(23:40:31) <@[X]nWo[X]> dont ask eta = ban
(23:40:35) * Joins: appealing (~irchon@cpe-98-155-29-74.san.res.rr.com)
(23:40:35) <@[X]nWo[X]> dont ask question = ban
(23:40:40) * Quits: ps3suxxxx (~hghf@sud-cable-cmts1-69-60-228-242.vianet.ca)
(23:40:40) <@[X]nWo[X]> liteon will be 1st
chrislfc
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by chrislfc »

just got banned today about 00:20 lol saved the best part of £500 + and had a good time playing them for free. £130 for new console well worth it :lol: and i can still play backup
Last edited by chrislfc on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
IF CALSBURG MADE LIER'S THEY WOULD PROBABLE NEVER BE AS GOOD AS HICKS AND GILLETT
ashep22
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ashep22 »

Just found this, not sure if its legit..
I will post in here and hope my identity is not compromised as I will get into severe trouble

this is what i do. i am xbox live checks manager and i am the guy who helps run through the data being sent to xbox live that has been flagged for banning and was also discussed a very long time ago of what will "bring down all modified xboxs"

i myself have an xbox that has been modified because i think it is a crime what they do charging so much when the games dont even cost microsoft half of what they are getting

anyway. we have found a way to read the firmware. the nxe update has allowed us to do a check on the current firmware installed on the dvd drive

the reason this was not flagged was because the code was not active. as you might have heard it was discussed about a "self destruct" code embedded in the nxe update and even before that. this was that code it wasn't a self destruct code but actually a check that was done on all drives

this check was begun when the update was to "prepare for the last.fm facebook and twitter" this in fact was the code sent out to begin checks on ALL xboxs

these checks would send us information on the firmware written to the drive not the exact kind but we did a extensive form of hash check on the drive and could actually find out if it was modified in anyway

this was particularly easy on the lite-on as it was actually manufactured to serve for this purpose as our testing model

we will not ban all consoles at once and yes all information about you has been collected a long time ago

we have THOUSANDS of xboxs reporting bad checks meaning modified firmware. not all people will be banned and all the bans are done at randomn times

multiple checks have been done over this amount of time so we could asure the modified xboxs were truely modified and not just returning corrupt data

i am sorry i did not com forward with this information sooner but this information has been critical to the cat and mouse game

this check was also done back in the xtreme days if anyone remembers that when c4eva had to rewwrite it to allow the checks to come back clean well this must be done again

sorry all for the bannings but it is a natural process and I wish you all luck and hope you do not get banned

if you do await the new firmware that is begin developed and cheers to you all you wanted to know it now you got it
nimda0
Squire
Squire

Post by nimda0 »

ashep22 wrote:Just found this, not sure if its legit..
I will post in here and hope my identity is not compromised as I will get into severe trouble

this is what i do. i am xbox live checks manager and i am the guy who helps run through the data being sent to xbox live that has been flagged for banning and was also discussed a very long time ago of what will "bring down all modified xboxs"

i myself have an xbox that has been modified because i think it is a crime what they do charging so much when the games dont even cost microsoft half of what they are getting

anyway. we have found a way to read the firmware. the nxe update has allowed us to do a check on the current firmware installed on the dvd drive

the reason this was not flagged was because the code was not active. as you might have heard it was discussed about a "self destruct" code embedded in the nxe update and even before that. this was that code it wasn't a self destruct code but actually a check that was done on all drives

this check was begun when the update was to "prepare for the last.fm facebook and twitter" this in fact was the code sent out to begin checks on ALL xboxs

these checks would send us information on the firmware written to the drive not the exact kind but we did a extensive form of hash check on the drive and could actually find out if it was modified in anyway

this was particularly easy on the lite-on as it was actually manufactured to serve for this purpose as our testing model

we will not ban all consoles at once and yes all information about you has been collected a long time ago

we have THOUSANDS of xboxs reporting bad checks meaning modified firmware. not all people will be banned and all the bans are done at randomn times

multiple checks have been done over this amount of time so we could asure the modified xboxs were truely modified and not just returning corrupt data

i am sorry i did not com forward with this information sooner but this information has been critical to the cat and mouse game

this check was also done back in the xtreme days if anyone remembers that when c4eva had to rewwrite it to allow the checks to come back clean well this must be done again

sorry all for the bannings but it is a natural process and I wish you all luck and hope you do not get banned

if you do await the new firmware that is begin developed and cheers to you all you wanted to know it now you got it

This is fake. What gave it away? Poor spelling, and not just poor... I mean TERRIBLE spelling.
nimda0
Squire
Squire

Post by nimda0 »

chrislfc wrote:just got banned today about 00:20 lol saved the best part of £500 + and had a good time playing them for free. £130 for new console well worth it :lol: and i can still play backup
Now there's a positive attitude, lol. :) I look at it the same way, although I have so far avoided the ban-wagon. Currently, my ethernet is unplugged and I am not banned from xbox live. I hope to stay that way until the new firmware comes out.
jimmy j
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jimmy j »

nimda0 wrote:
jimmy j wrote:I'm not sure if this has already been posted. I apologise if it has.

#fw chan - [c4eva] new fw in dev/test - ixtreme LT (Lite Touch) - more efficient, minimal patching, fw indistinguishable from orig

Good post, except for the part where you say the firmware is what they were detecting. Did you miss c4eva's post about how the firmware previously was stll indetectable?

Even c4eva doesn't know how they are finding people at this point...
Yeah, I know what he said, it's just this bit...
fw indistinguishable from orig
To me, this implies that current ixtreme IS distinguishable from original.

edit: In fact, now that I've read nimda0's post, it just makes me think it even more:
all aspects of fw indistinguisable from orig, no more bans
Implies that the current ixtreme IS disguishable from original firmware, and these differences are somehow contributing to the bans.
nimda0
Squire
Squire

Post by nimda0 »

jimmy j wrote:
nimda0 wrote:

Good post, except for the part where you say the firmware is what they were detecting. Did you miss c4eva's post about how the firmware previously was stll indetectable?

Even c4eva doesn't know how they are finding people at this point...
Yeah, I know what he said, it's just this bit...
fw indistinguishable from orig
To me, this implies that current ixtreme IS distinguishable from original.

edit: In fact, now that I've read nimda0's post, it just makes me think it even more:
all aspects of fw indistinguisable from orig, no more bans
Implies that the current ixtreme IS disguishable from original firmware, and these differences are somehow contributing to the bans.
Assumptions will get you nowhere :) Let's just wait til we hear word....
jimmy j
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jimmy j »

True, but if ixtreme 1.61 is undetectable like he claims, then why is he developing a brand new, completely rewritten firmware?

But whatever, like you said we will just have to wait and see what happens :)
nimda0
Squire
Squire

Post by nimda0 »

jimmy j wrote:True, but if ixtreme 1.61 is undetectable like he claims, then why is he developing a brand new, completely rewritten firmware?

But whatever, like you said we will just have to wait and see what happens :)
Well he did say "lite-on's 1st".... for starters. ALL of the newest xbox 360 elites (and others) that i've seen have either the July 2009 or Aug 2009 Lite-on drives in them. The August 2009 drives are unmoddable at the moment due to not being able to extract the dvd key to flash the firmware. So, since he wasn't working on the 1.61 lite-on firmware yet (it was last), and since all the new drives appear to be lite-on and are unmoddable, i think it's safe to say that's his primary reason for coming out with a new firmware.

Also, another thing people seem to be confusing is the ability for microsoft to easily see what firmware you are using when you are playing online, and the ability for them to use an update to check the system for certain changes in firmware and etc...

There's a big difference there. Previously the firmware was undectable while playing online and during general checks from MS on xbox live, but system updates were able to detect firmware changes. This one is no different...... which brings me back to my post about the 10 minute update (not to be confused with the one for the wireless adapter)..
iamwatt
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by iamwatt »

first off many have sworn by these methods, some live by these methods religously and have fallen victim. two people for example, cofree and sadalius and for the most part they run the mod scene. many people have learned from them. so yea, those methods are now questionable. . .
nimda0 wrote:Incorrect....

You CAN do things to avoid being banned... particularly:

-Don't play games that aren't released in YOUR REGION yet...
-Don't play games that aren't released PERIOD
-Don't play burned games ONLINE
-Don't hack game save files to give you special things like additional ammo and etc.
-Don't play ANY game that isn't supposed to be able to work on xbox's in your region
-Run ALL games you play through ABGX using level 3 w/ autofix and anydvd style checking, and if it fails at any point don't use the disc in your xbox
second, this is true, however common sense which isn't always common. . . and logic say that if those of us that took all those steps to move safely and undetected on xbox live got banned, then it's safe to say that the fw is in some way shape or fasion detectable. . . and that just makes sense through deductive reasoning.
nimda0 wrote:Now, is that a guarantee you won't be banned? No, of course not... but since NOBODY has come up with any proof of how Microsoft is checking consoles for bans you can only do your best to be safe.
third, if this was that easy, being banned wouldn't be an issue. have you attempted this? do you know anyone who has successfully done this? i'd like to know because i'd like to try it.
nimda0 wrote:Now, if you do get banned... YES you can get your console unbanned. Contrary to popular belief, you can extract the nand.bin file from a non-banned console (red ringed that you might buy from let's say... Ebay for cheap), and then place the key information from the nand.bin on the non-banned console onto the one that is banned and it will again work on xbox live. It's been done.... many, many times. Google xbox 360 keyvault swap.
iamwatt
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by iamwatt »

jimmy j wrote:True, but if ixtreme 1.61 is undetectable like he claims, then why is he developing a brand new, completely rewritten firmware?
i agree with this, c4eve has done us a huge favor making the firmware but i think pride might of come into play on this one and he may not want to admit that the firmware is detectable. i completely agree that it may not have been detectable at one point but at some point that has changed. . .
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

the rumor is
they (M$) send a response check to the disc
being that the firmware is modded the time the response takes (faster or slower is irrelevant)
is different than the orig
they can see that ,after many checks just to be safe that they are not banning a good console.
bang your banned

so no they are not looking at the firmware (per say)
but in a way it could be said the firmware is the trouble

guys lets keep thing in check here
we are letting this thread run
but
there is a lot of stuff in this thread now that should be in the outhouse
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
adultswiivi
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by adultswiivi »

ashep22 wrote: we have THOUSANDS of xboxs reporting bad checks meaning modified firmware. not all people will be banned and all the bans are done at randomn times
[/quote]

IF THE FIRMWARE WAS DETECTABLE allllllllllllll XBOX'S WOULD BE BANNED.

I think it has somthing to do with gamerscore.
all my friends that received gamerscore points from legit games before getting flashed didnt get banned.
everyone who got most of there gamerscore from copied games is banned.
dont know how or if this has anythign to do with it but it just seems weird.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Yeah, we don't want to loose sight of what counts here. Yeah, a lot of us may be getting the hammer right now. So be it. We knew the price, we took the gamble. What do you do when you fall off a horse? Dust you pants off and get back on, but remembering what made you fall in the first place to try and prevent it from happening again.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
adultswiivi
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by adultswiivi »

sadalius wrote:Yeah, we don't want to loose sight of what counts here. Yeah, a lot of us may be getting the hammer right now. So be it. We knew the price, we took the gamble. What do you do when you fall off a horse? Dust you pants off and get back on, but remembering what made you fall in the first place to try and prevent it from happening again.
but we dont know what made us fall.
its more like we were pushed

Return to “Front Page News”