Iprep lite-on drive using iprep

Post Iprep 101 things here.
daveycalhoon
Squire
Squire

Iprep lite-on drive using iprep

Post by daveycalhoon »

My friend just gave me his xbox to flash which i'm sure has a lite-on drive because it looks like my benq drive from the outside but has visable yellow wires when you look inside with the the xbox cover removed. if i'm write about it being a lite-on can i flash it using iprep, i cant use jungle flasher with my motherboard so iprep is the my only option. i've flashed my benq drive a few times before so i know basicaly how to use iprep, is there anything i should be aware of before flashing a lite-on drive. also what version is of iprep is the most stable at the moment as i've read vers 10 is abit unstable?

many thanks
iamwatt
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Iprep lite-on drive using iprep

Post by iamwatt »

depending on the lite-on drive follow one of these tutorials

lite-on 74

lite-on 83

amd 10.7 works just fine. . .
daveycalhoon
Squire
Squire

Post by daveycalhoon »

thanks alot
seems slightly harder than when i flashed my benq!!! can you tell which lite-on drive u have without opening it up? can you flash the drive without the connectivity kit using the xbox to power the drive and using the DIY probe made using the guide on this site? where exactly does this probe go on the board as it doesn't show you on the vid?

cheers
iamwatt
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by iamwatt »

na, you have to open the xbox to know which drive you have. i wouldn't recommend flashing the drive without a connectivity kit although it can be done. and theres a r707 point on the drive when you open it up, theres a whole right below it. that's where you place it probe. . .
daveycalhoon
Squire
Squire

Post by daveycalhoon »

OK, thinking of getting Xecuter CK3 Lite + CK3 Probe, to flash this drive now, will this be fine using iprep? i,ve heard there are some lite-on drives that are unflashable,considering this is a new purchase what are the chances of unluckly getting one of those? as i dont want to void the warranty for nothin!!! thanks for all your help and advice
secgc
Peasant
Peasant

Post by secgc »

CK3 probe and connectivity kit will work perfect for Iprep 10.7 with Liteon drives, i use one all the time
Please be aware, that you will only beable to flash iXtreme 1.6 @ present
Hi folks

Return to “IPreP”