HDD cripple workaround

Any thing that should be in the toilet can and should be posted here!
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

HDD cripple workaround

Post by trailz »

Anyone else afraid to go online at the moment? I know I am. I accepted the risk of getting the console banned and no Live, but corrupting my gamesaves? That's some ultra-violence there.

So how about the HDD adapters that come with the CK3 Pros? If you made a backup of all your saves before you go online, worst case you only lose maybe a couple hours worth of progress, right? Or am I wrong and the games are screwed up some point AFTER being banned, and not that exact moment?
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Re: HDD cripple workaround

Post by commando_lee »

now thats a good point i dont know that myself
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

The absolute safest thing to do is to recover your profile onto a mem card or an old formatted HDD, and play with it...

When you get banned your profile gets corrupt, and if you look at your GS's they belong to "corrupted profile" once you delete and recover your profile, I believe they belong to "unknown" I haven't really looked after recovering...
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by nufcmickey »

Im really REALLY devastated guys, Thought I had survived after hearing all these bans, I recently updated to 1.61 and before that I did use the activate ISO on a few games but the night the FW was out I grabbed it and updated next morning, All was going well and again I thought I had escaped it, Like everything in life we tend to think " Oh well it will never happen to me " Was doing some hotlapping on Forza 3 last night about 11pm GMT and planning on playing MW 2 after before bed, Next thing while hotlapping I gets signed out of live, It has done this a few times over the years but have always been able to sign back in. I tried and said I been banned, My heart sank I swear. BUT I would be able to bear it until I read on here what its actually done to my everlasting 360 which just seemed to go on and on like ariston, I only recently just got a new 120 GiG HD to install all my games. The part thats really annoying me is how can they do anything with your HD, You are only violating xbox live so isnt it correct that as if youve paid for something and stay offline you can do what you want, ITS OURS, Its like a car company you buy a car from saying hang on a mniute youve changed the wheels, We dont like that so we taking it from you and you still have to pay. Yes we been online but thats only violating xbox live. So yeah Rant over sorry guys,

By the way what was funny about this is, I had the 2 discs of Forza 3, I always run them through abgx once theres stealth files and burn another copy. I ran both discs 1 and 2 though once the verify had appeared, disc 1 didnt need fixing but disc 2 did, Disc 2 is the DLC so I just waited till I had some more discs to reburn the fixed image, I only did this last night about an hour before the ban, Maybee this was the reason I was detected, I know its speculation just thought to help you guys out narrowing the reason down, although I dont believe we will ever know how. But yeah maybee they noticed the change in code as I uninstalled the unverified disc 2 and reinstalled the new stealth patched one, 1 hour later banned.

sorry if I posted in wrong area and please accept my appologies.
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by trailz »

Yeah.... I'm trying to put together a discussion on how to protect game saves from the threat of a CONSOLE ban. I'm currently looking into Xplorer360 and the HDD adapter that came with my ck3.

*** Edit Nov. 13 2009 ****

Damn! I got my ban tonight. :(

There's frustratingly little information about this adapter. It looks like the USB port on it is more or less completely useless. It's only used as a power option; all data is transfered over the SATA. Since I'm not really running windows in the normal sense, I'm running it in VirtualBox, the only way to really get windows to see it would be to use a USB-to-SATA converter. However, because I was able to check my ban status before getting my box crippled, I highly doubt I will be getting the converter anytime soon as the original point of protecting my game saves no longer applies. I'll post back if I come across something new, but looking into this further isn't a high priority now.

Cheers.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.

Return to “The Outhouse”