Spoofing DVD Drives without ixtreme firmware.

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
xtremeflasher
Bandit
Bandit

Spoofing DVD Drives without ixtreme firmware.

Post by xtremeflasher »

i have been looking for info on weather or not you can get banned for a spoofed dvd drive. I want to swap out my original drive Hitachi 78 for a BenQ drive. I have original firmware and can use 360FWTB to spoof the drive. SO in essence you would have a flashed drive but only spoofed (not ixtreme). This console has not been online,,flashed, or had a backup played on it. (in case they can find game data in the NAND). Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks Guys!!
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Spoofing DVD Drives without ixtreme firmware.

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Restores dont stop you from being banned. Ive restored a few consoles, and theyve all ended up banned, one was a spoof, the others were the original drive, all were banned.
xtremeflasher
Bandit
Bandit

Post by xtremeflasher »

I understand, however this console has never been modified, i am just replacing the drive with another drive which happens to be a different manufacture. this requires a spoof of the original firmware. would this console be another victim of the Ban Hammer?
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

I do believe you would. Although your console has not been flashed with ixtreme, it has still been modified, and M$ may poll your drive thinking it will return x info, but it returns y...

What is wrong with your drive? If its the laser, the absolute safest thing to do is swap the laser's.

I cannot say for certain a spoofed stock drive will cause a ban, but I cannot say that it will not. It is my personal opinion that it will.
xtremeflasher
Bandit
Bandit

Post by xtremeflasher »

OK, thank you. the problem with the drive is that the laser is weak. Rather then do a pot tweek, i decided to replace the drive. I had purchased a bunch of Benq drives for replacement and figured that it would be the best solution. Thanks
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

You can just swap the lasers and save yourself some trouble, or swap the circuit boards out. No modifications that way. Unless the drive you bought isn't the same as the one that your original is.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”