Can I Backup Wave 4 games?

For questions with backing up your games!
NeoRio
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Can I Backup Wave 4 games?

Post by NeoRio »

Hello, is there a way to backup Wave 4 games with the existing methods (XBC)? I have one Wave 4 game, after having it for a week I tried making a backup of it, XBC seemed to do its job, but when checking with ABGX, Mulletter and Schtrom, none of them gave me a good read or confirmation. Kreon Checker did say it was a good Kreon rip though.

If I burn this rip to disc, will it play on an Xbox 360? Obviously it won't be a safe copy to play online, but since one of my consoles is banned now, maybe that won't be a problem on that console if the copy will work and won't pose any other problems.

Thanks
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Can I Backup Wave 4 games?

Post by sadalius »

They are ripped the same way, but they are now recommending using an xbox 360 drive flashed with the latest 0800 firmware to do your rips so the ss v2 will be measured instead of just calculated.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
NeoRio
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by NeoRio »

I'm not sure I can flash one of my 360 drives with 0800 FW right now. So, are you saying that a regular rip with XBC will give a good backup copy that will play? Is the only *bad* part that the game will not be stealthed or safe to play on Live?
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

If it's on ixtreme 1.61 or 1.6, it has 0800 built into it. It will rip and play just fine and will be stealthed to the ss v1 standard, but they are using ss v2 standard now. If you run ABGX 1.0.2, there is a help section on ssv2 and may help you understand it a little better.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
dellsmaith
Peasant
Peasant

Post by dellsmaith »

Hi everyone
I am having problems playing my back up games. I have replaced the laser and slowed down tne speed of the drive and even the burn speed but im still having the same problems. Some of the games will play one minute and not the next some wont play at all. I am not sure what mod was put in and i dont know what alse to do. Can someone please help me over come the problem?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

dellsmaith wrote:Hi everyone
I am having problems playing my back up games. I have replaced the laser and slowed down tne speed of the drive and even the burn speed but im still having the same problems. Some of the games will play one minute and not the next some wont play at all. I am not sure what mod was put in and i dont know what alse to do. Can someone please help me over come the problem?
first man
you are hijacking someone elses thread
its not that big of a deal
but
its rude.
make sure you are using verbatim disc
being that you have done so much work on the drive
i would say get a different dvd drive and flash it to do some testing with
so you dont just keep burning DL disc
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by trailz »

Wait... the drive in the xbox can be used to dump the disc images if it has ixtreme 1.6 on it? Even the liteon?
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.
NeoRio
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by NeoRio »

sadalius wrote:If it's on ixtreme 1.61 or 1.6, it has 0800 built into it. It will rip and play just fine and will be stealthed to the ss v1 standard, but they are using ss v2 standard now. If you run ABGX 1.0.2, there is a help section on ssv2 and may help you understand it a little better.
I have read the ABGX360 instructions here http://abgx360.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , I suppose that's what you meant by the "help" section? I couldn't find any mention about using the 360's drive to rip Wave 4 games with 0800 as opposed to using XBC, or exactly how to rip a Wave 4 game. But the thing that surprised me is that I have 2 games which I really thought were Wave 4 (The Beatles Rockband and Guitar Hero 5)...I've had these games for 1 and 2 months and have not been able to get (what I thought) was a good rip from them. ABGX360 1.0.1 gave me errors on my rips and Schtrom and Mulleter both gave me the "Video Layer 1 on Layer 0/1" Failed message. I thought these games had to be Wave 4. Last week I went ahead and ripped The Beatles with XBC (again) and checked it with ABGX360 which this time checked out OK, but Mulleter and Schtrom still would not check out. I burned the game and decided there was no harm in checking it on our banned console. Although it took about twice as long to load as our original copy, it did (does) work.

ABGX360 is reporting both Guitar Hero 5 and The Beatles Rockband as Wave 3 games, I looked up the verified list of games from here: http://www.abgx360.net/verified.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and it says that they are both Wave 3 games. So, why would Schtrom and Mulleter not complete a check--but give me video layer errors?

When I do end up getting a confirmed Wave 4 game, I'd like to be able to continue ripping the same way I have been...using XBC, will that be OK?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

NeoRio wrote:I'd like to be able to continue ripping the same way I have been...using XBC, will that be OK?
yes that is what you should do man
there is a wave 5 iso now
fyi

the thing is the best way to check your iso is with abgx360 now
that is the only one you need
it will even set you angle offset
i still like to have that set right
even though they say it dont matter.
No Questions by PM.
NeoRio
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by NeoRio »

Thanks for the answer, CoFree. Any idea on the GH5 and The Beatles games that don't pass Schtrom and Mulleter...but do pass the ABGX360 and show as Wave 3 games? Also, why would The Beatles load (start playing on the 360) twice as slow as the original?

Thanks.

P.S. I've been looking for news about what to do concerning flashing new 360s...since the ban wave...but I haven't seen any threads devoted to that subject. Are there any updates on that subject? Was it most likely the firmware that MS detected? What are people doing with their new 360s...those they bought since theirs were banned?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

NeoRio wrote:Schtrom and Mulleter
they have not been updated in so long
there is no telling what they will/are going to do
NeoRio wrote:Also, why would The Beatles load (start playing on the 360) twice as slow as the original?
the backup is harder to read for sure
but
it should not be that slow
do any of the other backup you have load slower than the orig game.
if they do then its a sure thing your drive is having trouble

there is no news on the new drives or the new firmware
im sure this has something to do with it

http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... 117&t=9818" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No Questions by PM.
NeoRio
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by NeoRio »

CoFree wrote:the backup is harder to read for sure but it should not be that slow do any of the other backup you have load slower than the orig game. if they do then its a sure thing your drive is having trouble
No, none of our other backups load any slower than the originals...at least not noticeably. I don't want to say "for sure, none of the other backups load slower than the originals"...but we haven't noticed any such behavior. Just with this The Beatles Rockband...that's the only one. I had the game for 2 months before even trying to play the backup on the console...and only did after it was banned...since the copy didn't seem normal like the other backups I make. All my other backups to date have checked out fine with Mulleter and Schtrom...although I always go by ABGX360 as the final check.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

you did get this from a in hand dump
right

that is odd man

i think i would burn new backup and see if it did the same thing
i guess it could be just a bad backup
it does happen some times.
even with the best of disc.
No Questions by PM.
NeoRio
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by NeoRio »

Yes, this was a copy of my original. I dumped it twice...using XBC both times. Maybe I'll try again?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

well the dump
should be fine
its the burn i would do over
No Questions by PM.

Return to “Game Backups”