"Kreon" Flashable Drives for Backing up Games

For questions with backing up your games!
prototype
Peasant
Peasant

Re: "Kreon" Flashable Drives for Backing up Games

Post by prototype »

using a benQ drive and flashing it with the 0800 firmware. can you use jungle flasher to flash the drive and if so does the keys matter? and how do you get your computer to recognize the drive?..........please answer
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Sure, you can use JF to flash 0800. Key don't matter, but if you plan on ever using that drive in the console it came from, you might dump it and save the key for later use. If its a spare, then it won't matter at all.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
HAZ3
Bandit
Bandit

Post by HAZ3 »

Hello all,

Thought i'd also revive this thread again considering it pertains to the drive listed I recently purchased via feebay: SH-D162D.

Here's my dilemma: the drive is new, i flashed it with the following firmware --> sh-d162d_sb00_kreon_v100. this is the ide version of drive. It's set to slave and running on xp pro w/sp3. now i was able to rip the game however the file size after ripping was the following -> 7,654,976KB or rather 7.29GB (unlike the results cofree states it should be in the tutorial ->

When completed, you will get a 7 651 848KB ISO ( or 7.29GB) or 7,651,262KB depending on the x360 games. If you use a version prior to 2.5 or do not activate the Splitvid then the files will be 7,395,392KB or 7.05GB. You will also get a very small DVD file that is the layer break) the version of xbc im using currently is 2.9.0.306 although i used the 2.5 version to install the .exe file Additionally. i'm running this on a hitachi drive with 1.51.

these were rips of my original assassins creed 2 & codmw2 (both ntsc versions) now prior to xbc starting i get this message for some reason -->> NOT isdriveburner:G (i'm thinking that's my virtual drive as i have alcohol 120% installed along with nero & my other drive is a dvd +/- dl burner)

after ripping both games, i made sure to rip @ 4x & chose the correct drive however, after having verified the files via abgx (uncertain if i was supposed to) & later burning them tonight, the only thing that pops up on my screen is the xbox 360 image; the same one you see when you first turn on the console. It will stay there like a wallpaper. I can escape & go back to the dashboard without any issues or try to play the game however it comes up as "play dvd" instead.

What i'd like to know is: a) do i need the via 6421 pci card installed on this computer as well despite it being an ide drive?
b) should I or should I have not ran it through abgx after backing it up? c) does the error lie within the size of the data retrieved when i ripped the game ? d) i probably answered my own q since it is an IDE drive after all (duh, me) Lastly, it does playback dvd's without error as well.

any help would be much appreciated as i just burnt 2 coasters. sorta sucks but trial & error is the only way for us to all learn here. Sadalius if you read this, your help too, would very much be appreciated. Thanks

btw, i know i didn't hijack this thread but if i did, i'm sorry. Just thought since it was talking about the following drives i thought i'd post it in here & not make another thread about it.
HAZ3
Bandit
Bandit

Post by HAZ3 »

BUMP :?: :|

Return to “Game Backups”