Got a joke or a story let us hear it.
mrcaty
Squire
Squire

just seen this on a ixtreme lt home page

Post by mrcaty »

i dont no if this is true!

16 January 2010
We hear and see several reports that our news is fake. Strange that so many sites are not up to date with the facts, since the first agent/reseller in France is online for over 24 hours. We have been testing this firmware on Xbox live for over 3 days and we are still not flagged.

EDIT COMMANDO, how is it possible for anybody knowing if they have been flagged or not!

Reaction from the main distributor: "The foundmy.com method returned the encryption key along with the encrypted data. This meant that by just trying a few things with the returned data hackers guessed that it was AES and what was the key and what was the data. They were then easily able to replicate the key encryption/decryption. We have spent considerable time protecting the new firmware. The key is stored inside the encrypted firmware with yet another layer of encryption applied to it. So it is not possible to easily insert another key into the firmware, or to read out the key from the firmware. Without decrypting the firmware it is impossible to hack it. We have also added further protection mechanisms to help protect it in the event that someone manages to decrypt it. We have done everything in our power to protect this drive. Once again however part of the "protection" was that no one was going to know about this firmware, and so their would not be a public effort to hack it. So in summary the drive is very well protected. There is nothing more we could do to protect it."

17 January 2010 - ixtreme LT is not hack-proof

A well known person in the scene tested the firmware. In no-time he decrypted the DVD key. Here is his reaction: "If you post your LT fw, i can post back your dvdkey, don't expect a freeLT immediatly, i just would like people to know that is not hack-proof at all. Seems they are going to scam reseller rather than idividuals."
here
cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: just seen this on a ixtreme lt home page

Post by cyantific »

You don't know if this is true yet you can't help yourself to spreading rumors and gossip. Locked for the time being.
RHPG, home away from home :)
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: just seen this on a ixtreme lt home page

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

As far as I understand ixtremelt.com is fake...

Return to “The Forest”