So is it safe to play a wave 4 or above if ssv1?

For questions with backing up your games!
.exe
Peasant
Peasant

So is it safe to play a wave 4 or above if ssv1?

Post by .exe »

Can someone please help, i have been flashing drives for a while now and never had a problem.
But now that Lt is out i have a pain in my head.. :? I have been getting so many different answers about playing wave 4 or above games on live with ssv1 but ripped with 0800 drive, is it safe or do all wave 4 and above have to be ssv2?
I hope someone can help as i have had so many people phoning me to flash their drives and asking what is safe to play on live :?
warship
Bandit
Bandit

Re: So is it safe to play a wave 4 or above if ssv1?

Post by warship »

I'm in the same boat as you my friend and waiting on the same answer, from what I gather wave 3 and above needs to be ssv2 and if your flashing your friends xbox360 from what i've read flash new boxes and not ones that have already been flashed, as that will not stop them being hit with Ban Hammer.
Regards

Warship.
.exe
Peasant
Peasant

Post by .exe »

I'm only flashing stock liteons that have never been flashed.But at this moment in time people don't want it doing if they don't know what they can play on live, i can't blame them can you.
Deathuntou
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by Deathuntou »

.exe wrote:Can someone please help, i have been flashing drives for a while now and never had a problem.
But now that Lt is out i have a pain in my head.. :? I have been getting so many different answers about playing wave 4 or above games on live with ssv1 but ripped with 0800 drive, is it safe or do all wave 4 and above have to be ssv2?
I hope someone can help as i have had so many people phoning me to flash their drives and asking what is safe to play on live :?
From what I am understanding, is that the ssv2 is wave 3 or 4 and above ssv1 lower and as long as you are ripping originals from a standalone xbox360 0800 FW Drive with the wave 3 and above that you should be ok because when you burn back to disk and check with abgx it will tell you witch ssv1 or ssv2 (trusted), is what is should say when ripped using a standalone 0800 FW. The ssv2 (trusted) is what it should say when ripped proper. And the split vid must also check out good also. this is just what I am understanding right now. So if you ripped using a kreon drive, your 3rd 4th wave and above will show ssv1 because the kreon cant read the ssv2 on the disk like the 360s drive, so when you may have burned those back to disk the disk is going to check out as the ssv1 3rd or 4th wave or above and will not be live safe. Wave 3 and above has to be ssv2. You may want to check all your backups and make sure the disk it's self will pass abgx ssv2 (trusted) Wave 3 and above ssv1 lower. But check around a bit more see what people say but that is my understanding of it hope this helps a little.

Return to “Game Backups”