The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
Plagasx
Squire
Squire

LT spoofing question.

Post by Plagasx »

Hey guys,

Just a simple question really..

I just got an 360 with a Benq drive and I want to get LT.

I have a Lite On 74 drive sitting around and wanted to know if I can spoof over my Benq drive key to the Lite On drive and then flash LT on it.

Is this possible?

Thanks!
Deathuntou
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Re: LT spoofing question.

Post by Deathuntou »

Yes you should be able to because your still using the liteon drive you are just using the key off of the benq, but wait a bit and see if this is correct or not someone should reply on this.
pink
Bandit
Bandit

Post by pink »

yes u can. my 360 originally had a benq. i aquired a liteon and spoofed the benq key into the fw using JF. i have also spoofed a liteon into a ms28. extract the keys.make sure u save all of your keys. i went as far as burning them to a cd, emailing and saving on a extra drive and a usb. sounds crazy but if u lose that key it's very difficult to recover your drive if the flashing fails.
load the original key(benq) into the open source firmware of JF1.70, then in the open target firmware load the LT fw for the 74 and hit spoof to target. save this on your desktop.

assuming u have a ck3, via sata card and the pc can boot from a usb and your box is banned
use iprep 10.6(not 11.7) and create a bootable usb. in the usb there is a folder called backups,open, create a folder called 1234567 and inside of this create another named 12345, inside of 12345 copy and paste the new fw into this folder. reboot the pc and boot from the usb. at the c: prompt type l74 iprep will give u commands. type l74 1234567 12345 w, it will ask u if the drive is on and then it will erase, then it will ask to power cycle the drive and then it will flash the fw onto the drive.this only works with the 74's DONOT TRY THIS WITH THE 8's or 9's
http://www.klutsh.com/index.php/topic,2 ... 08a33a2269" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
this tut goes through the entire process of extracting and flashing using iprep
http://www.klutsh.com/index.php/topic,5 ... 08a33a2269" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hope this helps
Last edited by pink on Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Plagasx
Squire
Squire

Post by Plagasx »

Wow, very helpful Pink. Thanks!

However, I thought that LT is unspoofable? But I guess it's because I am spoofing my Benq onto an ACTUAL Lite On drive and not trying to spoof a Lite On to a Benq so LT will work in this case?

Hmm.
pink
Bandit
Bandit

Post by pink »

yes this will only work with the liteon 74 drives. as far as i know the LT fw does not know if it is a benq, sammy or hit key.
give this a read, no mention of being unspoofable
http://robinhoodsplayground.com/forum/v ... 62&t=10707" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
i wished the explanations would have been more detailed.
you need to use iprep 10.6 not 11.7 the version of liteTool included with v11.7 does not patch the LT firmware correctly for 3 of the 4 versions. this will result in a ban unless your has been banned
if u are willing to wait klutsh is creating iprep12 that will hopefully fix this issue.
glad this was of help

Return to “Beginners”