Jtagging Falcon console E-79 error

Only things pertaining to J-Tag
Forum rules
Only post or question about doing J-tag on a 360.
All other post/question will be moved or trashed.
gottuhaveit
Peasant
Peasant

Jtagging Falcon console E-79 error

Post by gottuhaveit »

Ok gentlemen my partner was soldering a falcon board today and he said that when he was done with it he ended up with it giving him an E-79 error and then he told me that he could not get it soldered to the one pad. If he lifted the pad of the board and did not make a good contact when he soldered would this create the E-79 error and if he did indeed lift the pad can it be replaced and is there a tut for this or can someone please tell me how it can be done. This console he was jtagging for my son and I and now we really need some help please and thank you very much. :cry: :cry: :cry:
gottuhaveit
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Jtagging Falcon console E-79 error

Post by gottuhaveit »

Come on now guys I know one of you guru's knows everything there is to know about these type of issues. Can I please get some input concerning this matter and I am grateful for any help offered, Thank you. :cry:
intheshade
Squire
Squire

Post by intheshade »

I had the same problem. I Jtagged a Xenon first. They seem to be easier. The falcon is more challenging. I have never really soldered before, but I managed to get it done.

Have a look at this pic

Its an alternate point. But keep in my that it is just as small. Scrap it a little bit, then solder. Be careful. Get a bright light, and a magnifying glass.
gottuhaveit
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gottuhaveit »

Ok your information was very informative but I had already found the alternative solder points but thank you kindly. What I really need to know is if a person is attempting to solder to a point and no matter what they do and I have tried everything I cannot get it to stick. Does this mean that the solder point is no longer any good and if this is the case is there a way to repair a solder point and can someone please tell me how I can do this or tell me where I can find instructions on how to repair a solder point. It is a falcon motherboard as you obviously already had figured out so is this a lost cause or is there still a way to keep the ship from sinking because you know these jtaggable consoles are going to get rare soon. Thank you for your help and someone please give me some input so I can work this out.
intheshade
Squire
Squire

Post by intheshade »

Just scrap the point till you see it shine, I used the corner of a razor. Its gonna be real small.

Put some solder on the piece you are about to try to solder there.
hold it down in place,
Melt the sold again over that point.
Hope it siuck.
After that hot glue it.

Hope you haven't buggered up all 3 points. I dont know how to repair them.
gottuhaveit
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gottuhaveit »

Ok I am not positive but I might have so how exactly would I know if the points are shot and does anyone at least know where I can go ask about repairing the points? Thanks again you really have helped but again I am in need of that information about repairing a solder point. Thank you
gottuhaveit
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gottuhaveit »

Ok guys let me throw one more scenario out there to see if I can work through this at all. I have everything soldered in and I am fairly sure the connections are good is there anything else at all that can cause me to get the E-79 error on a hdmi falcon motherboard? Thanks again for the help given and if I could just get the answer to what can cause the E-79 error then I might be able to do this. I am still able to flash the nand back to the original and it works fine so that is why I am thinking it might be something else besides my connections. Please help me out with this question which I should have asked in the very beginning but we all know how hind sight works for sure. LOL Thank you
gottuhaveit
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gottuhaveit »

Well I guess my question must be out of everyone's league here so could somebody please tell me where I might be able to find the answer for the post I made prior to this one and thanks again. :cry:
intheshade
Squire
Squire

Post by intheshade »

You should prolly look in your phone book, and find a local electronic repair shop.

Return to “J-Tag”