Who is actually psyched about the ipad?

A place to hang out with the other members of Robinhoods Playground.com
Got a joke or a story let us hear it.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Who is actually psyched about the ipad?

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

I think its just a giant iphone with a few extra features, still doesn't support flash...

Apple needs to come out with something new, there have been like 5 generations of the iPhone 3 generations of the touch, I mean come on, develop something new, it WAS awesome at the time, but now I'd say the hero is better. Not to mention there are LOADS of touch screen phones out now.

Sticking with the main topic, there are loads of tablet PC's out that are probably better, AND support flash. In my opinion apple needs to come out with something else that revolutionizes everything. When the iPod/iPhone was released no one had seen anything like it, now Ive grown tired of them.

I dont know about you guys, but everyone is talking about the iPad, just in awe. Which I do not understand, its a giant iPhone?
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Who is actually psyched about the ipad?

Post by trailz »

I've never been too impressed with any of Apple's products, and the iPad isn't an exception. The lack of flash is going to be a big issue for a lot of people. I heard you can't multitask with it either, you can only run one program at a time! WTF! You can touch more things than you can run!

Most of the tablets I've looked at were a LOT of money, approaching $2000. But I did find this....

http://www.tabletpcreview.com/price/pro ... productID=

it's a netbook with a touchscreen. Even has a real keyboard and starts at around the same price point as the iPad. Too bad it runs XP....
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.
cainhunpi
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by cainhunpi »

I'll be buying the Lenovo Ideapad U1 Hybrid Tablet Laptop if the touch screen is as good as the ipad's

It is a notebook, that you can take the screen off and it turns into a tablet.

I would buy the ipad if it had flash support, because most of the time I am on my pc I spend watching videos .
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

The ideapad is really cool I saw it on like attack of the show or something.

Yea, thats why I say its just like an iphone, no multi tasking, can only have 1 thing on screen at once. Check this link out: http://gizmodo.com/5458382/8-things-tha ... t-the-ipad" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The price on the iPad is basically the cost for a large iPhone... With a tablet PC, you are literally buying a computer. Apple ALWAYS restricts you and their devices, and never lets them reach full potential... If someone were able to crack the iPad and install an OS (win 7, linux, osx) I'd consider buying one.

Ive always liked that HP tablet pc, the only thing is I saw it on the home shopping channel late one night while I was browsing through the channels, and I dont know if it were the people that were demonstrating or the comp itself, but it seemed glitchy. Seemed to me like there were about a hundred windows opened in the background, which was probably the case.

Return to “The Forest”