Need info on the joysticks

A place to hang out with the other members of Robinhoods Playground.com
Got a joke or a story let us hear it.
King Brace Blane
Squire
Squire

Need info on the joysticks

Post by King Brace Blane »

I am in the process of building a new joystick from old ones. I am talking about the Xbox original USB wired controllers. I was wondering if anyone who dabbles in the dark arts of electronics can tell me the exact ohm values of the left and right thumb sticks. I ran a resistance check and got 7.5 top dead center but my meter is shot. I am thinking 75K ohms for center? I want to go to the local parts store and build up an Xbox joystick with a bit more muscle. The boys and I rip through them like paper. When I get my project started I will post my pictures.

KBB
dustman1995
Bandit
Bandit

Re: Need info on the joysticks

Post by dustman1995 »

Sounds like a fun project. I don't know anything about the ohms check but I would like to see some pics. As for a meter though, I would check the local pawn shops to try and get a fluke. I had my fluke stolen out of my work truck and it would have been $400 to buy new but I found an identical one that needed new leads for $50. I don't think they knew what they had. Greenlee is also a good brand, then Ideal. After that they are all the same.
Life is full of influences, It's your application that sets you apart.

Return to “The Forest”