Updating Liteon to Ixtreme LT 1.7 without CK3?

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
ohwhyme
Peasant
Peasant

Updating Liteon to Ixtreme LT 1.7 without CK3?

Post by ohwhyme »

Hello. I have two liteons. I think I still have the keys for them. They are flashed to ixtreme 1.6. Does that mean I need the CK3 Probe still? I managed to burn it out when trying to a liteon and flipped the power thing around. So I'm not sure I should use the CK3 probe any longer. How would I update to Ixtreme LT 1.7? Thank you.
dustman1995
Bandit
Bandit

Re: Updating Liteon to Ixtreme LT 1.7 without CK3?

Post by dustman1995 »

No you don't need the probe after you've flashed a liteon. Just use the old CFW.bin for that drive and build your new CFW with LT1.7 with jungleflasher. then flash the new CFW.bin with whatever program you prefer(JF, dosflash, IPREP) If you don't want to use your ck3 then just use your 360 to power the drive. I will tell you that some people here would not use their 360 to power the drive because they believe that the 360 logs everytime you power the 360 without the drive connected to it's own SATA and it will be one way to get flagged on live. Personally....eh, just a theory
Life is full of influences, It's your application that sets you apart.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Dustman is right on the money. I'm one to where if I have a way to power the drive without using the 360 to do it, thats the way I will go every time. If I don't have a choice, I don't have a choice and I will use the 360 to power it. I don't know if the 360 logs it for sure or not, but if I can keep from taking a chance, I will.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by shaky »

i think he just means without conecting the probe to the curcuit board again , the easiest way is to just click dummy from ixtreme the throws the key up then just click yes to auto load if you have the new lt in jflasher then flash as normal , hope this helps mate

Return to “Beginners”