Just cause 2 problems PLZ Help

For questions with backing up your games!
gizzo17
Peasant
Peasant

Just cause 2 problems PLZ Help

Post by gizzo17 »

Why do my Just Cause 2 will only work with the hard drive detached. When the hard drive is attached it says I need to update my system. When I try to update my system I get the dirty disc error. I tried to update the system by cd, dvd and memory stick and the xbox does nothing. I even reformat my Hd and still nothing works. L4D2 and Forza and MW2 all work great. Can I just buy a memory stick and play that way? I really only need the HD to save my games?
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Just cause 2 problems PLZ Help

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

It'll try and update if you have a memory card attached as well. Is this a backup or original, and are you playing on a banned box?
gizzo17
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gizzo17 »

HaGGardSmurf wrote:It'll try and update if you have a memory card attached as well. Is this a backup or original, and are you playing on a banned box?

yes this system is banned and the game is a back up. I can play the game fine without the HD attached, but when I put the HD back on it ask for the update. All other backups play just fine with the HD.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Did you patch the wave at all?

You can try clearing your cache that may fix the dirty disk error.

If you keep getting problems you can go to xbox.com and download the update, burn to a disk and update from that, or if you have a non banned console, plug your HDD into it, boot up your console, then turn it off, and plug your HDD into your banned console, it should begin the update. (As long as your non-banned console is fully updated)

Return to “Game Backups”