making a dedicated ripper(retail media of COURSE)

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
barelynotlegal
Squire
Squire

making a dedicated ripper(retail media of COURSE)

Post by barelynotlegal »

hello yal,
i am buying a dead 360 tommorow(e74 error) i am thinking of flashing this new drive with the 800FW, making it a devoted ripper.
was wondering if the process was the same or is it different since all these bans have started. i know that you have to use XBC and the splitVID option correct? and then just cross check with the new ABGX right?
thanX in advance!
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: making a dedicated ripper(retail media of COURSE)

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Process is the exact same as always. Just make sure you have split vid turned on in your XBC settings...
barelynotlegal
Squire
Squire

Post by barelynotlegal »

w00p w00p. thanX
idownloadwarez
Peasant
Peasant

Post by idownloadwarez »

are you telling me you can use 360 dvd drives that are able to be used to rip. you can use them even if the system that it is tied to has an e74 error? explain to me what you mean is as long as the drive is functional you can still do rips with it? :?:
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

idownloadwarez wrote:are you telling me you can use 360 dvd drives that are able to be used to rip. you can use them even if the system that it is tied to has an e74 error? explain to me what you mean is as long as the drive is functional you can still do rips with it? :?:
E74 is a general HW failure, usually video or the scaling chip. Has nothing to do with the dvd drive. Any error code besides e64 e65 or e66 are to do with something aside from you dvd drive, which means your dvd drive is fine...
idownloadwarez
Peasant
Peasant

Post by idownloadwarez »

so i got an xbox 360 drive that is capable of being a dedicated ripper. can someone tell me in a nutshell or step by step what i must do to configure my dvd drive to correctly use it as a dedicated ripper.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

idownloadwarez wrote:so i got an xbox 360 drive that is capable of being a dedicated ripper. can someone tell me in a nutshell or step by step what i must do to configure my dvd drive to correctly use it as a dedicated ripper.
If its a hitachi, it cant be used, if its any other drive you just flash 0800 fw (found on xbins) or ixtreme 1.6.

You flash both the exact same way you would flash a drive with ixtreme, use iprep/jf load the fw and flash.

Return to “Beginners”