Will this work

For questions with backing up your games!
keithkramer
Peasant
Peasant

Will this work

Post by keithkramer »

I have a kreon drive and am not an online gamer but would like to download some content for my games.
Could I sign into Live without a game in the console or on the Live website and download the add-ons/content for my games without playing them while logged in? Then unplug my connection and play. Is it even possible to dl content without the game in? Specifically I am looking for the add-ons for Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age. I am not going to re-rip my games and I haven't been signed onto Live in over a year. I have LT flashed. I have 2 systems and tried swapping the HD out on them but evidently the content is only good on the system you download it on. Or will I need the game in the system when I dl the add-ons? Also what is the current state of being "banned" - I do not want to loose the ability to install games to my HD?

Thank you
Fire Greg Robinson. Fire Greg Robinson. Fire Greg Robinson.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Will this work

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

As long as your on LT, you can go online and download DLC, once you DL the DLC it will be key'd to your console, so you can use it offline.

DLC is keyed to your gamertag, and to your console, so if you download anything to your console you can play with any gamertag online, or offline and you will be able to use your DLC, but if you download to a different console, then transfer the HDD, the only way you can use the DLC is by being signed into the gamertag that downloaded it, and you need to be signed into live.

Return to “Game Backups”