Need help setting up PS3 Media Server. (Solved!)

he-man
Merry Men
Merry Men

Need help setting up PS3 Media Server. (Solved!)

Post by he-man »

Until recently I had no problem streaming vids, music and pictures to my PS3 (and 360). Last week I did a fresh install on my pc and got a new router via my ISP (Virgin Media) when I upgraded my broadband package. Now I my pc are not seeing the PS3 or 360 for some reason and I can't solve it to save my life. The router is not locked to Virgin, so I have full control over it and can change the settings as/when needed.
I've followed all the guides to setup the media server but the pc is not recognising the PS3. All I can think of is that the router need to be configured but I have no idea where to start. The PS3 can connect wirelessly to PSN, so I know that's not the problem.
I am following this guide http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/pla ... ver-setup/ and when it comes to page 2 media sharing my pc fails to pick up the PS3.

This is my setup:
Vista Home Premium (32)
Norton Internet Security 2009
D-Link DIR-615 wireless router
Windows Media Player 11

Everything used to work until I replaced the router...

Any help would be much appreciated!

UPDATE

Finally got the PS3 and PC to communicate. I replaced Norton with Kaspersky because my Norton subscription had only a week left and got Windows 7 too. I was unable to get the PC to see the PS3 because the Kaspersky firewall was blocking it. Even after disabling the firewall I still could not get a connection between the 2. Unable to get any help on the Kaspersky forums or any other forum for that matter I uninstalled Kaspersky. The PS3 picked up the PC as a server almost immediately. I re-installed Kaspersky and it's streaming music and videos perfectly :D

This is my setup now is as follows:
Windows 7 Home Premium (32)
Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
Windows Media Player 12
logithera
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Need help setting up PS3 Media Server. (Solved!)

Post by logithera »

How do I continue the installation of Kaspersky AntiVirus 2009? I just successfully unistalled McAfee Internet Security Suite so I can install Kaspersky AntiVirus 2009 but when I try to install it, it says that it is running McAfee Security Suite an incompatible program "remove to continue installation" but on the programs list McAfee isn't listed and besides I already sucessfully uninstalled it. How do I continue the installation of Kaspersky AntiVirus 2009?!

Return to “General information”