Help! I have a few questions

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
Unlucky320
Peasant
Peasant

Help! I have a few questions

Post by Unlucky320 »

Okay first question, I think I've bricked another xbox 360 rom, is there anyway to unbrick it? (without having to buy another board or rom). Second if I decide to go with a hard mod on the Xbox 360 does the rom have to be married to the board? or can I just change the rom out and then hard mod it to play backed up games?? And third is how do u put the key back into the drive? I've tried so many things..it's a hitachi so I used slax to get into mode b, and then when I used 360fwtb it got like just a couple of bars and the computer locked down. I've got a Beng drive out of an old xbox360 and was going to try to marry it to my board but I can't even get it to show in windows, I've tried the two wire trick, slax disc, iexteme, jungleflash, nothing seems to work. What am I doing wrong? I thought I was fairly smart, but now I'm starting to doubt myself. Sorry to bombard you guys with so many questions, but it's easier than just one at a time. Thanks for any and all help.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Help! I have a few questions

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Well if you've bricked your drive, you generally cant recover it, benq's and samsungs can sometimes be recovered, by just erasing, and then writing even though it will not be picked up by jf or iprep.

Hitachi's cannot be recovered, and lite-on's appear bricked, but are usually locked, and are recoverable with dosflash.

If you have the key from your original drive that belongs to your motherboard, your in good shape, if not, you might as well stop now, and just try to dump your original drive, so you can get the key.

By putting another drive in your 360 other than the original one, is called spoofing, and is widely done.

To spoof is easy, all you need to do is open JF, load the ofw, of your original drive, then ofw/LT for the other drive, hit spoof source to target, and save the FW, now flash in JF, or iPrep.
Unlucky320
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Unlucky320 »

Okay, so the Hitachi drive is gone again...I bought a board to replace the one I bricked before...so it's gone again. I think I have the key, the program I used one time was iextreme 4 I think, and it has a was, and a now file...the key I got was 1CAFEF7E95FBED36859AF96D8620C2 ...does that sound like the key I should be looking for??
I understood what you said up til the "To spoof is easy, all you need to do is open JF, load the ofw, of your original drive, then ofw/LT for the other drive, hit spoof source to target, and save the FW, now flash in JF, or iPrep." Whenever I opened JF it says no something drives, it sees that I have all the drives but doesn't recognize the xbox360 rom. And when I tried to get the Beng to work I could never even get it into mode b. Is there some way I don't know about that you have to do, I know Slax doesn't work on Beng, and I did try the wire trick but it was a no go either, what else is there. Is there a novice step by step by step tutorial out there, something that lays out each and every step for people like me that is in the dark? Also can you tell me if I hard mod my xbox 360 will the rom need to be flashed if I just go ahead and use the beng?? Or does it still need to be married to the board???
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Firstly, that key is not good, it should be 32 char's that key is only 30. But it does look similar to the key you should be looking for.

If you chip your xbox, no you dont need to flash the dvd drive.

Your drive isnt really married to your console. Think of your xbox 360 as a club house, when you try to enter you knock on a big wooden door and someone asks you for a password, if you know it, you can enter. If not, you cannot... Your key is the password. As long as you have it, you can tell it to as many people as you like (flash onto as many drives as you want) and they will all be able to enter the club house (use the drive in your 360, and play games)

If you dont know the key, there is no way to get it. You cant brute force the key because it would take years...
Unlucky320
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Unlucky320 »

Sorry I was wrong this is the number...I just copied and pasted it this time instead of typing it..1CAFEF7E95FBED36B3B59AF96D8620C2..it does have 32 characters. so this is the key...great. So can you recommend a easy..good software to rekey this thing?? And if I decide to hard mod..what is the best way to do it mod wise, which one...we modded our old xbox..it was simple...xbox360 seems to be difficult. No more soft modding for me...i have bricked too many already. Thanks for all your help.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Well if you want to flash your drive, use iprep, and one of these 2 files

Inside are 2 firmware files, both with your key injected. The OFW is the stock FW with the key injected if you want your drive to stay stock (not read burnt games), and a CFW which is LT 1.1 with your key injected.

I've not messed with chips, chipping your xbox isnt as widely done as flashing your drive. I'd recommend trying to get your computer setup so you can flash your drive, or take it to someone who is able to flash the drive, and pay them $20 or w.e they charge and have it done.

Its alot better to screw up a softmod, than a hard mod.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Unlucky320
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Unlucky320 »

Okay, my brother wants to try and hard mod this xbox 360...remember our dvdrom is not married to the board..I'm replacing the hitachi (bricked) drive with a beng drive...I've bricked 2 drives trying to soft mod this thing. Question can anyone tell me where I can find a mod chip for this thing? All I can find is chips to help you soft mod it. My brother is good at soldering and can do a good job with that, but I'd rather have a solderless mod if possible. Can someone tell me where I can find one, hopefully in the US or Can. so that shipping doesn't break me. Again, thanks for any and all help. And thanks to HaGGardSmurf for all your help before.

Return to “Beginners”