BenQ HELP!

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
Chhokar
Bandit
Bandit

BenQ HELP!

Post by Chhokar »

I tryed flashing my BenQ drive today using iprep and kept getting a error. So i was like wtf, The error is once its read all the banks and its onto the flash but after its read, it says ****ERROR**** Unknown source firmware. so im lyk wtf? the drive seemd a bit different and i looked compared it with another benq in one of the other xbox's and its not the same fw ver. the one im trying to flash is FW: 62430CR

So my question is how do i flash one of these? In Jungleflasher its not coming up with the drive either.

Thanks
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: BenQ HELP!

Post by CoFree »

well that is a benq dvd drive
as you can see here
http://www.360drives.com/list?v_drive=3&v_perpage=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

what does the console do if you put it together and try a game and a dvd movie
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
Chhokar
Bandit
Bandit

Post by Chhokar »

It works fine, Its just not flashing.. once it read's it loads the new page where i should be writing firmware ect ect and it says ***Error*** unknown source firmware. Im flashing it like you would flash the normal BenQ drive. Should i be doing anything different? Also whats the best and easy way to flash it?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

well
go into detail about how you are doing it
what program are you using iprep jungle flash
if the console plays a game now
then things are fine so far
open jungle flasher and see if the firmware dump you have is good with a good key
No Questions by PM.
Chhokar
Bandit
Bandit

Post by Chhokar »

Im using Iprep 12.2.2 i think from Rhpg downloads section.
I tryed using jugnle flasher but it was not picking up the drive,
Also how do i install the port I/O drivers?
The console can play games now i think as i did not erase the drive at all.
I would see if the firmware had a good key but its not making a dump.. When i open the folders the folders are empty.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

well are you using a via chipset sata card for iprep
if you pc dont have via you should give jungle flasher a try
No Questions by PM.
Chhokar
Bandit
Bandit

Post by Chhokar »

Im using Via chipset, a bit like this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BN-VIA-SATA-HDD-V ... rkCards_RL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ive flashed xbox's before but and its all gone smoothly, just for some reason its this type of benq, is there anything special i should be doing or do i flash it like normal?

Ive tried using Jungleflasher but its not picking up the drive at all.

Should i be doing something different for this type of benQ or should i flash like normal?
southbound
Bandit
Bandit

Post by southbound »

Let me know If you have A usb device and I can help you setup dosflash to try that way .....

southbound
Chhokar
Bandit
Bandit

Post by Chhokar »

Hi, Yes i have a usb to hand (The one i use for IPrep) but i cant make a dump of the drive in the first place.
What will dosflash do?
southbound
Bandit
Bandit

Post by southbound »

You should be able to get a dump of the drive through dosflash,If your drive shows up.

Dosflash is abit like iprep your controlling the flash over dos command,this is what you do....Were do It little by little as It's quite a long process.Ok first of all instead of me writing you out your whole personal tutorial from start to finish we need to find out if your drive is noticable in Dos,So, download this: http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/f ... ption.html It's a boot maker that you will have to use to get your usb device to be able to boot up,If you've used iprep before your be fimiliar with this type of device.Then get it loaded up on your computer,you'll have to run it as admin as you need the admin privileges.Once running,plug in your usb device,click on quick formate, and minamise the application.Now go and download this:http://rapidshare.com/files/412626096/Win98boot.zip You will need to extract the folder onto your desk top, now go back onto that hp application and click on 'create A DOS startup disk' (without the brackets) browse to that windows 98 folder,and click ok now press start,once finished.Download this: http://rapidshare.com/files/412626293/Dosflash.zip and extract the folder to your desktop,go inside the folder and copy the two files inside it,now open up your usb device and paste them in.Shutdown your computer and boot from the usb device,you should see A windows 98 logo flash and the command,now plug in your benq drive and turn it on with your tray half open.now in the command type 'dosflash' this is we will find out it your drive is noticable under dosflash your see it come up under either 1 2 3 or 4 etc ,let me If it does and I'll help you with the rest of It.

southbound
Chhokar
Bandit
Bandit

Post by Chhokar »

Im in the UK and its 4am here and i have to be up at 7am, I will do it all early morning, About 10am and post back.. Keep a eye on the thread. Cheers for your help, will get back to you asap.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

what iprep are you using
No Questions by PM.
Chhokar
Bandit
Bandit

Post by Chhokar »

Iprep 12.2.2 i think.. Do i have to do the half open tray for windows to recognize the tray or should it pick it up anyway?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

you are not making any scents
windows does not ever recognize the benq drive.
the drive is not plugged in when the pc is in windows
No Questions by PM.
Chhokar
Bandit
Bandit

Post by Chhokar »

Not windows sorry, i mean Jungleflasher.
When i plug the BenQ drive in, jungleflasher says no drive found.

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”