XBOX 360 HDD HELPPPPPP

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
Chhokar
Bandit
Bandit

XBOX 360 HDD HELPPPPPP

Post by Chhokar »

Basically i got a offical xbox 360 hdd 120GB. So i plugged it the xbox into the usb slot using this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XBOX-360-Hard-Dri ... ssories_JN" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It then said i have to format it so i did, Now when i plug it into the xbox properly at the top of the xbox it says no storage media. So basically it formatted it for use with usb but not to use as a actual xbox 360 hdd.

Can anyone please help me? Cheers
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: XBOX 360 HDD HELPPPPPP

Post by trailz »

LOL, that's kinda funny. My understanding of the drive is that it has a special firmware, so in theory the xbox should still recognise it. Are you sure it doesn't give you the option to reformat it anywhere?
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

What are you trying to do?

You bought a transfer kit, which... transfers the data on one HDD to another. You cant use the transfer kit to hook up your HDD. Well I guess you can, but you can see/use 16GB of space.
Chhokar
Bandit
Bandit

Post by Chhokar »

trailz wrote:LOL, that's kinda funny. My understanding of the drive is that it has a special firmware, so in theory the xbox should still recognise it. Are you sure it doesn't give you the option to reformat it anywhere?
Nope, When i plug it in the main slot says no storage device detected.
When i plug it in the usb only 16gb free, Cant format it to work :(
HaGGardSmurf wrote:What are you trying to do?

You bought a transfer kit, which... transfers the data on one HDD to another. You cant use the transfer kit to hook up your HDD. Well I guess you can, but you can see/use 16GB of space.
I brought the kit, Plugged my new hdd into the usb and my old one in the top. Went to transfer content on the xbox and it says new drive needs formatting and it should of as its new? press continue and it formatted it as a usb storage so my 120GB hdd is only 16GB..

I called Microsoft and the guy was kind enough to send me a replacement when they recived my harddrive.

Return to “General information”