How to Flash the Lite-on 83850c

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
Chhokar
Bandit
Bandit

How to Flash the Lite-on 83850c

Post by Chhokar »

I have a lite-on 83850c and just wondering how to flash it? Want to put the new ixtreme on. Cheers
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Re: How to Flash the Lite-on 83850c

Post by nufcmickey »

Very very good tutorials in in the tutorial section m8. Read/watch those carefully and its as easy as ABC, howver if you like me and have an Elite or a console made after august time 09 then you could have the version 2 of that drive you have, if so then its a lot lot more complicated thus why Ive sacked it and just got a cheap old second hand xbox with an earlier model drive. If you lucky and have the version 1 of the 8 series then you dont even need the probe.

Good Luck ! ;)
Chhokar
Bandit
Bandit

Post by Chhokar »

ive had a look but i still dont get it. They used Jungle flasher and when they dont the half open tray sumthing popped up for them, but it didnt for me.
And also i think it is ver2.
But i have a probe anyway.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

this guide works for a 83450 dvd drive also
just make sure you put in the right hacked firmware.
http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... 95&t=13259" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by nufcmickey »

Chhokar wrote:ive had a look but i still dont get it. They used Jungle flasher and when they dont the half open tray sumthing popped up for them, but it didnt for me.
And also i think it is ver2.
But i have a probe anyway.
You wont know if its a version 2 unless you do everything right and it just wont read the drive key. If you have version 2 then you will neeed a twin/double probe, I have the single probe and CK3 lite myself but I dont think that would be able to do a V2 8 series. You also need to cut a couple of traces on the drives circuit board, Use the double probe and grab the key, Then repair the cuts you made with glue or solder. Are you up for that coz I aint m8, Just go and grab a cheap second hand preferbly oldish 360 for around 50 quid. That way you find it much easier and your not throwing too much money down the drain if you mess up.

Just follow that Tutorial to the "T", write it all down if you have to like I did. The first time I did it, went very well. Done within minutes from following coffrees guide. Try doing that as if it was a version 1 and just make sure before you go buying another 360 or a double probe. I done this the other week, Spent a few hours trying to flash the version 1. But I was rushing through and god knows what I was doing wrong but kept saying Invalid key. So I sacked it thinking was a V2, Tried again the next day and took my time and it flashed no problem.

Good Luck again. ;)
Chhokar
Bandit
Bandit

Post by Chhokar »

Is there not nothing else i could use to do it? e.g the lite-on dirve u had to solder to get the key but instead you can use the probe, So is there not a little board or something you could put on top instead of cutting solder ect ect
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

You can use the LT clip, you need to cut traces still, but once you cut them, you just clip this chip on, no soldering needed.

http://www.ck3.co.uk/xecuter-lt-clip-an ... older.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”