Is it time to get a PS3?

cainhunpi
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Is it time to get a PS3?

Post by cainhunpi »

I just wanted to make sure that "clones" of the PS Jailbreak are going to hit market, because I don't really care about the multiplayer, if I get banned. There just a bunch of ideas that I have on how the PS3 could improve with a homebrew community.

Do you guys think that free or cheap alternatives will be available soon? If not I'll just buy a $109 Xbox 360 from gamestop and get sadalius to flash it for me.

Thanks
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Is it time to get a PS3?

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

I HIGHLY doubt you'll be banned, sony will just patch the exploit, and not ban people.

Free/Cheap alternatives will probably be available it looks like it'll be soon. Last I heard was teamjungle and c4 had hooked the drive to their comp and dumped/decrypted the FW. So its just a matter of time before they figure out what is what, and release a free/cheap alternative.

There will probably be a decent amount of homebrew, I think there are a couple emulators already, and there will probably be more stuff comming soon. You'll need to see how this plays out.

At the end of the day its up to you. Do you want to buy a ps3, and hope for the homebrew you want, or do you want to buy a 360 and possibly end up banned next wave?
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by nufcmickey »

I exchanged my new on release 500 quid PS3 within 1 month for a 360 with some stuff and cash. Been looking to get one back for xmas, Now Ive seen this Im gonna have to do some grovveling to the missus to make sure its my number 1 gift, lol. What clever people, Its amazing when you think about it. Carnt Wait ! :D
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

at this point if you have to pick 1 then
i would say get the 360 (that is flash-able)

there is just more game that i like on the 360
but a ps3 that will boot on a usb flash will be cool as all get out.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “General information”