need help

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
natedogg316
Peasant
Peasant

need help

Post by natedogg316 »

ok i have a ben-q that was in my 360, it was saying that my game was a dvd, I have a samsung that is ms28 and hw 007, not sure what i need to do to make it work as it gives me the same message when i try it in the 360, can i flash it in the xbox with a flashdrive or do i need to buy some stuff
pluto_00
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Re: need help

Post by pluto_00 »

What did you do with the benq ?
If you did try to flash it then your need to check the key and reflash it or use the correct HFW

If you want to use the Sammy then you need the correct key that goes with the xbox you want to put it in and spoof the firmware on the sammy, so it thinks it is a benq

The key is everything !
natedogg316
Peasant
Peasant

Post by natedogg316 »

i still have the benq, i was asking what do i need to get the key off the benq and how to put the key on the samsung to make it work it my 360. I read somewhere that u could flash with a usb stick with the new drive in the 360. I new to this and i have extra dvd drives and not wanting to buy one. I have a laptop with windows 7 can i use it to get the key off the benq.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

You cant flash with a laptop.

I guess you can, but its a HUGE pain, you need a specific laptop, and some other specific hardware. Also, windows 7 is kind of a pain to flash with.

Your best bet is using windows xp 32 bit on a desktop PC.
natedogg316
Peasant
Peasant

Post by natedogg316 »

HaGGardSmurf wrote:You cant flash with a laptop.

I guess you can, but its a HUGE pain, you need a specific laptop, and some other specific hardware. Also, windows 7 is kind of a pain to flash with.

Your best bet is using windows xp 32 bit on a desktop PC.

I have a desktop with xp on not sure what bit either 32 or 64, but looking at what hardware stuff i will need im sure i can read on the rest just not sure what hardware i will need for flashing and getting the key off the beng
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

You'll need a via card, you can try without, but it may or may not work depending on your motherboard.

A CK3 is optional, its good to have, but expensive if you only need to use it once.

Return to “Beginners”