PS3 Firmware 3.50 Adds 3D Blu-ray Movie Support September 21

ebtank
Possible Ally of Robinhood

PS3 Firmware 3.50 Adds 3D Blu-ray Movie Support September 21

Post by ebtank »

Sony has announced at TGS 2010 that the PS3 Firmware 3.50 update will arrive next week on September 21, and include 3D Blu-ray movie support as expected according to Engadget.

To quote from Examiner.com on this PS3 3D movie enabling system software update:

"Originally it was planned for a late October release, but Sony has bumped it up a month early and PS3 owners with 3D TVs should be excited about this.

While there may not be a large selection of 3D titles available for purchase today, this update shows that the PS3 is truly 'future proof'. With 3D gaming supported and soon movies, Sony is showing the PS3 can adapt to the market and support new changes and ideas."

Finally, Sony's Network Operations VP Eric Lempel has stated the following, to quote:

"We know that many consumers have purchased 3D TVs already and more of you will be purchasing them as the holidays approach – so we’re excited to offer this firmware update that makes all 38 million PS3s worldwide compatible with Blu-ray 3D discs.

This new feature expands the PS3’s 3D capabilities – as you may recall, we added the ability to play stereoscopic 3D games with the 3.30 firmware update in April.

While support for Blu-ray 3D discs is the primary new feature within the 3.50 update, there will be a few additional features. We’ll post more details on the blog prior to the firmware’s release, I dont know about this i am sure there more reasons than that to bump up the release date for the new firmware :D
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: PS3 Firmware 3.50 Adds 3D Blu-ray Movie Support September 21

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Lol future proof, its only future proof because of the blu ray.

Looks like some people who have jailbroken may have some more incentive to update. (I wouldnt because 3d is overrated...)
sas67

Re: PS3 Firmware 3.50 Adds 3D Blu-ray Movie Support September 21

Post by sas67 »

i agree with haggard,what a waste of time.you seen the prices of 3d tv's?sod that!!!my online ps3 had to update,but offline ps3 never i tell you!!!!!!hehe
flash all phat's and slim drives upto 1175fw.awaiting delivery of cr3lite

Return to “General information”