bye bye jail break? hot news

Have a read and let us know what you think.
tonyuk73
Herald of RHPG
Herald of RHPG

bye bye jail break? hot news

Post by tonyuk73 »

Bad news hitting the net chaps.

"According to reports, Medal of Honor requires firmware v3.50 to run. Further analysis claims that this is the start of things to come. It is indicated that all games released from NOW ON will not be playable on PS3's without the latest firmware. Moreover, a group of 'experts' claim it is near impossible for hackers to retro-hack titles so that they can be comaptible with Jailbreaking devices."
thanks to zeus.

Sony have been very busy and hit very hard back to the jail break exploit.In a week of the open sorce code PS groove update 3.42 slammed the door shut on the USB exploit locking out the hackers from running pirated games and unauthorised code from the PlayStation Network.

The lock down now goes one step further with the new update 3.50 what is being called a "white list" of USB devices to be added to the directory that can only be used with the ps3.

Firmware 3.50 appears to include an all-new decryption key not present in earlier versions. Medal of Honor and all titles going forward are encrypted with the new key, meaning that the Jailbreak in its current form has been effectively nullified: the existing firmware it's based on simply can't read the code.

Thats about all can find on the matter at the moment.no doubt this will fuel the hackers but with jailbreak having no access to the PS3's core security layers.but Geohot's hack did is it time for a joining but leave that to Sony to worry about.And no doubt fellow members of RHPG to think about.
ebtank
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: bye bye jail break? hot news

Post by ebtank »

It's to late now sony can do whatever they want to stop this but sooner or later there will be a way around this I am sure. Just like when J tag first hit it didnt work with new games , so people dont get your panties in a bunch just yet good things come to those who wait ;)
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

i will say this one more time
DO NOT UPDATE YOUR PS3

if you do you can bet it will be a long time if ever they can get back in the ps3
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
patastinky
Squire
Squire

Post by patastinky »

Great and i just ordered my PS3YES2! This is a sad day for me... :oops:
sas67

Post by sas67 »

do what i do,have 2 ps3's..1 online with new fw and one jailbroken.
the one thing i am p***ed off about is now my 2nd ps3 controller wont work with online ps3..its a madcatz controller and it seems sony wont let it on the white list.... :o :(
flash all phat's and slim drives upto 1175fw.awaiting delivery of cr3lite

sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

What are the chances of being able to pick up a new PS3 and being able to jail break? Just curious because if all the new games going forward won't work with the jail break, won't be much point, but you never know what the hackers might figure out.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

as far as i know
you can find some in stores

im sure the guys are working on a way around the patch in the game iso
but who knows
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
Deathuntou
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by Deathuntou »

Yeah I have a iphone and one guy made an app for it so spoof itunes and most apps into thinking my phone is on a different fw than what it is because some apps work on only the new fw so this app spoofs it into thinking it is on that fw and you can also toggle it to what fw you want it gives you 3 different fw's to choose from that you can toggle through :D hopefully next is for the ps3 :D
GRASSASS
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by GRASSASS »

iphone's eh well mine is jailbroken and i got an app from installous called "XBOXlive" its a green circle symbol, anyway i typed in my xbl email & passcode clicked go...and got a 1hour ban from live for using an illegal app ? NOWAY MAN !

it got deleted

no hyjack intended :)
a flashing frenzy huh huh
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Not to get off topic, but what is the purpose of that app grassass?
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
GRASSASS
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by GRASSASS »

hopefully not just to catch folks out :)
but it looked like (from the pics) you could see messages,your avatar,and friends n stuff they r playing "but il never know now"

i freaked out man proper shocker :D
steer clear of it

but theres another GOOD app to get your avatar in your photo's "avatar camera"
a flashing frenzy huh huh

Return to “Front Page News”