Please insert disk into a xbox 360 console

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
cankerman
Peasant
Peasant

Please insert disk into a xbox 360 console

Post by cankerman »

NOOb here, and i have tried to find the answer before posting here but doesnt seen as if i can find the exact answer or the precise answer. First of all thanks to everyone on this forum as i would not have been able to get this far without reading all the wonderful info on this site.
the background, i recently bought a 2nd hand xbox360 with an hitachi drive( i have not opened it so i do not know the version)that i believe to be unmodded have bought a couple of retail games and confirm that the do play in the xbox. i have made a couple of backups and verified with abgx both before burning them to a verbatim d/l disk and after burning, they come up all green. I have an xp computer with a via card and am ready to try to flash the drive. just to check to see if in fact the xbox was unmodded i put in the backups that i burned and i get a white screen that says Please insert the disk into a xbox 360 console

My question is what does that mean? is that the normal thing i should see if trying to play a backup on an unmodded xbox I see some post that indicate it might be flashed but with old firmware, others say the laser going bad others say the burn was bad.

What screen if any or what should i expect to see if i put the burned backup disk into my assuming unmodded xbox. The only reason i mention assuming umodded was i bought it at a pawn shop and therfore have no idea if it was or was not flashed before
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Please insert disk into a xbox 360 console

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Its a stock console.

Xbox games have a small amount of video data on the disk, and if your drive is stock, it will first look to see if the game is a genuine game, if not, it treats it like a dvd, and plays the video that is on the disk. (which is that please put in xbox console blah blah blah)

Put the game disk in your pc, and try to launch it, same thing will happen, windows media player will open, and tell you to put the disk in a 360 console.

As far as flashing, if your going to play this console online, then dont flash it, the latest firmware available for the hitachi drives is 1.51 which is detectable. 1.51 will play all waves of games, so its perfect for keeping offline, as you can flash 1.51 and never update the drive again and it will play all your originals and backups.

If you want to play online and have a flashed console, dump the hitachi, get the key and then buy a benq, lite-on, or samsung from ebay or another website.

If you flash the console, and try to play your burned game and it tells you to put in a 360 console, then either your drive laser is worn out, your dvd is bad, bad burn, or your burner itself is worn out.
cankerman
Peasant
Peasant

Post by cankerman »

so that please insert disk into a xbox 360 console is expected since its an unflashed console and trying to play a backups. ok thats what i was hoping. I am going to flash or should i say attempt to try flash drive this wknd. and right now i do not plan on playing on live with this console. thank you so much for your prompt and concise response
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Not a problem, if your console is flashed, and you get that message, then what everyone else told you about the drive/disk being bad is true.

Return to “Beginners”