Flashing xbox 360 DVD drive

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
nub
Peasant
Peasant

Flashing xbox 360 DVD drive

Post by nub »

Hi I just wana ask before I'm gona flashing my xbox 360 DVD drive....bcoz I'm gona flashing CFW after i got my second xbox 360 tomorrow how to determin if I'm gona dump DVD key if its good or bad key and dummy.....PS:i use only a pci via card and xbox 360 to power up the DVD drive cuz idnt have ck3 pro or probe plz let me know if u know how I'm gona do with it thnks a lot :D
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Flashing xbox 360 DVD drive

Post by CoFree »

if its a lite-on 7400 dvd drive
you must have a probe to dump the drive

if its a newer drive and it has a 9000 dvd drive then you will use this guide
http://robinhoodsplayground.com/forum/v ... 95&t=13259" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
nub
Peasant
Peasant

Post by nub »

i think i got a lite-on dvd drive bcoz when i look in to a little hole i see a yellow wire plz help what should i need to do to flash it CFW on to dvd and what tools do i need to make a good dump file like dvd key and dummy... thnks :)
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

You wont know what you need, and how to do it until you know what drive you have.

There are 3 revisions of lite-on's one requires a probe, another requires nothing, and another requires soldering and cutting.
djshauny1
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by djshauny1 »

Haggard is right

Let us know what drive you have and we can assist you further.
nub
Peasant
Peasant

Post by nub »

i got lite-on 74850c dvd drive...how can i dump the dvd key and other file that i need to dump bcoz i dont have any connectivity like ck3 pro and probe i just use pci via card for sata connection and xbox 360 it self to power the dvd drive what should i need to do plz dont ask me to buy ck3 pro or probe bcoz i dont know where to buy it bcoz i live in japan....thnks ppl :)
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

You need a ck3, and a probe, thats how the drive is dumped. Thats how you get the key.

The CK3 is essential, it's what converts the data coming from the probe into readable data that jungle flasher can use. You can make your own probe, or bridge the r707 point, so a probe is not totally needed.

There must be a japanese modding website, if not, you'll need to mail your drive to someone to flash it.

Edit: http://www.ck3.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ship's to japan, you can buy a CK3 and probe from them if you like.

Return to “Beginners”