New Dashboard

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
nvega12575
Squire
Squire

New Dashboard

Post by nvega12575 »

Microsoft released today the new dashboard update. I was just wondering what you guys think of it. For my part i like alot the new kinect features, specialy the video chat part, when the kinect finally comes out i know that will be hit. But for the most part i don't like the 2D feel of it and when you hit into the mini blade dash its soooo slowwww. It feels like when you are laging on online play. I think they could had left it how it was and just aded the new kinect stuf.

I updated my stock xbox slim but i was wondering if i should update my box with ixtreme on it. If someone can help me with that i would be grateful but for the most part i would like know what you think of thr new dash.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: New Dashboard

Post by CoFree »

ive not took the update on any of my consoles
i would not take it on a flashed console for a least a few days
if you do it will not longer play the new wave games that have the ap25 checks in them
fable 3 is one of those games
from my understanding the benq and liteon are the drives that support the ap25 checks
the old hit and samsung dvd drive dont support it
nvega12575 wrote: when the kinect finally comes out i know that will be hit
well i would disagree
im just thinking back to every addon i have got for a console
they all failed
and im going back to the sega genies cd addon 32x addon

im just not sure how many kids or how long people are going to jump around just to play a games
look at what has happened to the wii

and if they have not gave me the ability to close or turn off some of there crap spam when im on the dash
then you can bet im going to think its crap
lets not forget
im paying a fee to look at there spam
im fine with it being there but i should be able to turn it off
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by nufcmickey »

Im the same, It annoys me to hell that we pay 40 quid a year soon to be even more for stuff alot of us dont even use, For me all I want is the live features like seeing and chatting to friends, comparing lap times/scores etc etc. All that is great, But then we get rubbish stuff like facebook and twitter which I barely use, especially not on a GAMING console. Thats what it is when it comes down to it, A dam gaming console. Full of Advertisements what I dont take any notice of. If it wernt for all this crap then I bet my life the 360 guide etc etc would be alot smoother and more accessable.

Theres nothing new in the dash other than a slightly different look, It is nicer tbh. Oh and the Kinect settings which I dont care for either. Would be quite fun with the family but I wont be bothering with it. Like Turn 10 are getting all wet in the pants about making a Forza game driving with an invisible wheel. Im a massive racing gamer and fan but like hell do I ever want to play a racing game like this. Im just happy with the bare bones aspect of a true gaming machine.

So it all depends on what your looking for, Ive not updated my flashed console either but I updated my unflashed elite. If you can hold off just wait and see what comes.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

At the end of the day if you want to update, its up to you. C4 has said its safe to update if your on LT, only problem is playing fable III at the moment, but without LT+ more games being released will not play on your console.

I like the new dash look, also like the new boot animation. It kind of has more of a WII feel now :shock: ... It definitely has a few sounds that resemble the wii.

It makes me quite angry as well to pay $60 a year and have a channel full of spam, still have to pay if I ever want to download a map pack, picture pack, theme, anything. Not to mention game updates will be released on PC, but for the same update to hit xbox, we wait months...

The hell do we pay for? Facebook, and twitter? I think those are the only 2 services available for me. Last FM, netflix, skyplayer, none of those work in canada, hell I dont even know if we have twitter. So I pay $60 a year so be spammed by microsoft, to use a free website, and to play games over the internet with other people?

Return to “General information”