Burnt/vertified but....

For questions with backing up your games!
southbound
Bandit
Bandit

Burnt/vertified but....

Post by southbound »

Not installing to xbox 360 harddrive. I've checked the game for any DVD corruption and abg says no corruption was found.i've used a few discs from a batch of 10 x verbatium discs from SINGAPORE. Messed around with the write speeds 1x/2x/2.4/ and MAX. The IMG writes and vertifies with imgburn 2.5.2.0 even tryed with imgburn 2.4.0 and 2.4.4 same thing writes and vertifies. When i'm testing the game, installing to harddrive the done percentage gets to around 20-50 % and fails with a disc error.Other games install, so it can't be the xbox 360 drive, which is a benq. I've tryed burning with imgburn with 3 different burners just to make sure i haven't missed anything.Abg sets the layer break automaticly when i run it through then i get my .DVD file so everything is fine there. The only thing i can think of is that i have a bad batch of verbatiums ....

After reading this what do you think and how common are bad batches? As looking at the discs, they look fine.

Thanks,

southbound
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Burnt/vertified but....

Post by CoFree »

ive never got a bad "batch" of disc
i have got a bad disc,one disc, one time
and i have a few backups :?

there is no reason to verify after the burn
never burn faster than 2.4 times

img burn 2.5.2 works great
the only thing i can think is
if you took the update
it may not let you put the new wave of game (fable 3 ) on the HD
but that is just a guess

try a different set if disc
and try that same backup on a different console
one more thing will the game just play
from the disc
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
southbound
Bandit
Bandit

Post by southbound »

The game does just play from the disc but i've come to find that if the game doesn't compleatly install to the HD somewere duran the game, there be glinchs or freezing points that will doom the competition of the game. I don't no if anyone else has an opinion on this? For me installing to the HD is the quickest way to tell whether the game is a 100% clean backup and will play perfect from start to finish. I'll try 2.5.2. I'm on 2.0.9.9199.0 - dash and as far as i'm aware this is not the update that you talk of is it?

Thanks cofree

southbound

Edit: As for the new firmware that's meant to be on the way, i'm not quite sure i understand can we expect something new for the benq drive?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

im not sure what the dash update number is
if you just got a update from yesterday then you are on the new dash
im at work right now
southbound wrote:i've come to find that if the game doesn't completely install to the HD somewhere duran the game, there be glinchs or freezing points that will doom the competition of the game
well man
ive had games install to the HD only to have them lock up when playing from the disc
and
ive had some that would not play from disc and did load fine to the HD
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
southbound
Bandit
Bandit

Post by southbound »

I'm pretty sure then that i haven't updated as that box hasn't been online for at least a month. I think the 2.0.9.9199.0 was the update to alow media to be booted of a usb thumb drive and i think it's pretty much 2-3 months old. So really i should be all good.
CoFree wrote: well man
ive had games install to the HD only to have them lock up when playing from the disc
and
ive had some that would not play from disc and did load fine to the HD
That is a strange one, if only it was as simple as install to the HD,the games all good, don't install to the HD the games not good. My experiance is totally that, install to the HD its all good, if it doesn't as i said at some point duran the game i've come to find that i'll get glinchs or freezing. Strange really seeing as that's not always the case for you. Pretty much a catch 22, not much i can do.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

It can be your burner/360 drive.

When my burner started to go, I had 1 game that when burnt would not install on the HDD, and would boot and play for a couple minutes, but then freeze and give me dirty disk. It was only that one game, and I could dump it and burn it as many times as I wanted but same thing would happen.

Next thing I knew another game did this, then a third... So I bought a new burner.

At the end of the day, when it comes to things like this, there is only 3 possible problems. Burner, Media, 360 Drive. Its very rarely the game itself. (IE: fable 3 currently will not play on the new dash)
southbound wrote:I'm on 2.0.9.9199.0 - dash and as far as i'm aware this is not the update that you talk of is it?
9199 is the update for usb HDD support as far as I remember.

As long as your dash doesnt look like this: http://www.gameranx.com/images/updates/ ... 45dash.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; then your not updated to the latest dash.

Return to “Game Backups”