Is the activation disc still effective with wave 6/7 games?

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
DrPoo
Peasant
Peasant

Is the activation disc still effective with wave 6/7 games?

Post by DrPoo »

I'm running ixtreme 1.6 on my LiteOn drive and still using the old NXE dashboard.

I have never used the activation disk before since right around the time Wave 4 games first started coming out my xbox was banned, so I just started using that 360WavePatcher program to throw all of my games down to Wave 3. It always worked fine until these most recent games, with Fable 3 not booting sometimes, and just now Enslaved not booting at all.

I decided to give the activation disc a shot, burned it and an unpatched, regular Wave 6/7 Enslaved, but it doesn't seem to work. I pop in the activation disk, eject it when it says play DVD, and then put in the game, but it just says play DVD as well.

So, does the activation disk not work with the most current games? Did I burn it wrong? (I followed the guide by CoFree on here). Should I update my dashboard from USB first?

Thanks for any help.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Is the activation disc still effective with wave 6/7 games?

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

The activation disk will make the dvd drive not care about the wave.

Thats why its called an activation disk, it activates some code in the dvd drive firmware to overrule the wave check, and play the game no matter what wave.

So it will work with any wave.

You may be having a media/drive problem.

Return to “General information”