Playing AP2.5 games without New Dashboard?

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
scs100303
Peasant
Peasant

Playing AP2.5 games without New Dashboard?

Post by scs100303 »

Is it safe to play Fable 3/Brotherhood if you never updated to the new dashboard? From what I have read in these forums, the older dashboard doesn't have the support to use the new AP 2.5?

I ask this because when Fable 3 first came out I played it online and the game updated. This was on the old dashboard. Since the new dashboard came out I have not installed it, nor have I signed on live. I'm just worried that playing fable 3 + game update + online may have flagged my console?

thanks!
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Playing AP2.5 games without New Dashboard?

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Need for speed forces you to update, or you cant play the game.

I think AC brotherhood may be the same, so if you dont want the new dash (which you dont, not now anyways) you cant play either game right now.
outlawgiant1
Peasant
Peasant

Post by outlawgiant1 »

i have the beta dash the one just before the new update and all my new games work and it does'nt ask me to update i use this console offline
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

outlawgiant1 wrote:i have the beta dash the one just before the new update and all my new games work and it does'nt ask me to update i use this console offline
The beta dash has the ap 2.5 built in also. You must either have a hitachi or a samsung drive in your console for your games to be playing fine.

(If you dont have either drive in your console right now, the original drive that M$ put in your console was one of the 2.)
outlawgiant1
Peasant
Peasant

Post by outlawgiant1 »

no sorry m8 i have a benq in my xbox360 i no that because i flashed it myself dont no whats going on then but all i no is all new games work on it with the beta dash
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

If the original drive in your console was a samsung or hitachi your console will skip the check's no matter what drive is currently in your xbox.

If your 100% sure the drive has never been swapped, then thats quite weird because c4 found ap 2.5 through the beta dash if I'm not mistaken. He may have just got an advanced copy of the full dash I'm not 100% sure.

Return to “General information”