Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
Rampete_Thomas
Peasant
Peasant

AntiPiracy25 media?? freeboot

Post by Rampete_Thomas »

Hello world's best team.

Now I know nothing :o
I hope U have some time to explain me some things.
I have some xbox 360 so far so good. (Lite-on ixtreme v1,61)
But abgx360 tell me at the new games have AntiPiracy25 media.
Then I would try the new assassins creed on a mod xbox360, nothing happen. (only: play dvd )

1. Is this a coincidence, or should I try to burn other games?
2. what happen on a xbox when the game have AntiPiracy25media? Is that only to get banned to live?
3. Do I need to update to Easy Free boot to play new game?
4. Is a JTAG means that Xbox 360 is modet?
5. How do I find out if it's Falcon, Jasper, Xenon, Zephyr?
6. Can I use Update JTAG to new Freeboot for Kinect Dashboard 12611 to play new game or is that only for Kinect?

I have been never be on xbox live with the modet xbox360 only link it so far
I have original xbox360 with Dashboard 12611

Sorry for the bad English writing

Thanks in advance ;)
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: AntiPiracy25 media?? freeboot

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Liteon and benq drives are the only drives effected by AP 2.5 (there are some hitachi's that will fail the check)

If your on the newest dashboard, you will not be able to play fable 3, assassins creed brotherhood, or need for speed hot pursuit 2 because you have a lite-on with ixtreme 1.6.

When you try and play the game it will load and say Play <Game Name> like normal, but when you click play game it will start, and tell you the game disk is unreadable.

Dont burn another copy of the game. The reason you are getting "play dvd" is because assassins creed is wave 9 and you are using ixtreme 1.6 (it will only play waves 1 - 3). In order to play the game you'd need to use an activate disk, if you use the activate disk, it will allow you to play the game, but when you attempt to play it, the AP 2.5 check will be called, and it will fail, therefore you will not be able to play.

Currently no one can play ap 2.5 games unless you are on a 9x or below kernel (the new dash is a 12611 kernel ver). The only people able to play ap 2.5 games are those on older dashboard's, or those with samsung or hitachi drives. The only other way is to jtag your console, which is not possible for you as you need a 7x kernel.

Dont worry about jtagging as its impossible for you (as you are on the new dashboard) but if you still want to find out what motherboard version you have, you need to open your xbox, and examine the board, google a picture of the different versions of motherboards. You will be looking at capacitor location's etc to determine version.

As for freeboot, I dont know if it works with the newest dash, I think it will give e79.

There is a new firmware being created which will allow everyone to play ap 2.5 games, according to the creator it should be released in a week or two.
Rampete_Thomas
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Rampete_Thomas »

Thanks, it was very well explained.
I understad it :D
Then I just have to wait, but Fabel 3 is working for me.
Then I must play old games so long.
1000 thanks again for the great service HaGGardSmurf :lol:
leedo55
Bandit
Bandit

Post by leedo55 »

you actually can play the new games on the new dashboard, but you need to do the update offline using kinect sensor.
i plugged the kinect sensor into my offline 360 and the game that came with it, it updates to the new dash but can still play all the new games. i have a liteon drive and all new games are running fine on xbox i did this with.
but like everyone else my online console wont play them.
Rampete_Thomas
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Rampete_Thomas »

Thanks for the answer too.
Have considered buying kinec, if I do, there will be no nonsense since the xbox is the mod?
Or so I can update with free boot 0.04 for JTAG.
Is this correct?
We'll see if I wait or try this.
But thanks for the help guys.
I have become much wiser :P
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

i moving this to the right thread ;)
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.