video problem and rrod

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
cookiemon
Bandit
Bandit

video problem and rrod

Post by cookiemon »

I fixed a friends 360 that had a rrod, using the xclamp fix but when I turned on, the video was very bad fuzzy and jumpy.
I checked all the cords and such...what is next ? Also I fixed my 360 that had the rrod using the x clamp fix, it worked for a few months but now it is back and I cant get it fixed. Last question : what is the heatgun fix ? I have looked for the process here but cant find a tutorial on how to accomplish ! thanks for any reply's in advanced. I am not an expert but nor am I a dummy ! i have worked on many 360's before. thanks you guys are the best !!
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: video problem and rrod

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Take a look here: http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... 45&p=56600" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The fuzzy video is either a problem with the xclamp not working, or the ana. You could also have the component cables plugged in the tv backwards.

Xclamps are by no means a permanent fix, they are a band-aid. The RROD is almost always caused by a cold solder joint and by doing the xclamp replacement your basically just squishing the bga down and causing a slightly better connection.

Return to “Beginners”